Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

1 day can ruin a whole cruise

Sail Date: March 01, 2014

I (we) have experienced 8 cruises so far. This was our 1st Celebrity Cruise. We chose it because it had a couple of Islands we had not bee to yet and it was the 1st time I have been back to Granada since my visit as a US Marine in 1983. The boat was very clean and the general staff were excellent. But.... The entertainment was weak. (I being polite) The main show was the worst ripoff of Disney's Little Mermaid I've seen since my daughters 5th grade play. Pool side entertainment was a daily mix of a folk duo, Zumba, or a JD. Nothing in line with a Caribbean Vacation. Food was about a B. Again staff was excellent. The real prize came the last day ( Friday at St. Thomas ) Ater a day of sightseeing I returned for a refreshing shower. After my shower I reached for a fresh towel and began to dry myself. I was suddenly shocked to see the " fresh " towel I had started to use had someone else's blood on it. I am now a registered nurse in NY State and I know blood when I see I t. After a lot of complaining, my travel companion and I were brought to security for questioning. I was then forced to a strip searched by the ships doctor to prove I had no open wounds to cause the blood. Security took the towel and I was given a contact number to call to follow up with. Upon following up to find out if Celebrity had determined what happened, I was dumbfounded to learn the event was never reported.

I have pictures, the MD statement with the strip search results, and an affidavit  signed by two officers documenting the entire incident.

I am of the opinion that the Norovirus is the least concern of travelers traveling with Celebrity Cruise Lines.

STAY OFF THIS CRUISE LINE .

Children's Programs N/A

Check your towels before you use them !