My opinion

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Tracy Arm Fjord (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

Overall it was a good experience. The food was good and the service also.  I just felt that the crew could have smiled a lot more. they all looked so serious even when I smiled at them and a greeting just doesn't feel like a greeting if not accompanied with a smile.  They all had very strong accents and it was difficult to understand what they were saying.   It is frustrating and embarrassing when you have to ask someone to repeat themselves three or four times.  I stopped listening to the Captain's speech because by the time I figure out what it sounded like he said I had missed the next sentence.  I was on the Celebrity Solstice and we got a towel animal two of the seven nights and then I couldn't figure out what it was.  The crew and ship were run very efficiently I just felt like I was on a business trip rather than a cruise.  Other cruise lines I have been on have had a much friendlier staff and wider selection in the buffet.  Solstice's looked like a cafeteria.