Solstice Review

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 05, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

The ship was large, clean, and modern however they seemed to be lacking in scheduled activities and during bingo and battle of the sexes entertainment I found the host unpleasant and in a hurry to finish the activity causing not only myself but many others attending frustrations where we had to ask multiple time for them to slow down so we could keep up.

I was also displeased with the SinCity Comedy Show, not the comedy itself but what they called "Burlesque".  Not only did I find it degrading to be sitting there watching what I would refer to as a "Strip Show" (yes I am a woman) but I lost all respect for Celebrity Cruise Lines.  The are suppose to be a respresentation of class and sophistication and I must say they failed.

The other situation which I found to be truly the most disorganized system ever seen in place was when celebrity tendered us to Juno.  We were at our destination 10 minutes before the scheduled time and they had us waiting nearly a hour and half..........they wasted by time which I paid dearly for.

I also must state, though I know many frown on smoking today, I am a smoker and I was displeased with the arrangements they had set up for smokers outside.  It would have been considerate of them to provide some heating systems in these areas but they made it feel as I was considered an outcast and put me in the cold weather (Alaska).  I should also state on my recent cruise on Carnival in July 2014 I was allowed to smoke on the balcony of my room and though I should have read the find print of Celebrity's rules and regulation in more detail, I wished I would not have booked a balcony, I would have been satisfied with an interior room since I had to go out in the cold weather and smoke anyway.

Ocean buffet seemed to offer the same meal every night.

see my comments made regarding shows and services

na

Only the room steward and to staff at the coffee shop

see comments made regarding shows and services

Spacious and clean.

I can offer no "good" tips.

The tender system was poorly managed........had to run to our bus for our excursion.