Everything I hoped it would be

Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 11, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Solstice

What made my recent trip so very special is that all hours of the day were filled with great experiences. Alaska is what you'd imagine and sooo much more. It's pristine and majestic. It is incredibly beautiful and a milestone experience. The Solstice is the appropriate vehicle to deliver this experience. The ship is large, but very easy to get around. It's beautiful to look at. There is something for all people. Cuisine, entertainment, bars, casino, activities, Corning Museum Glass shows. You will not be bored. The crew members are eager to please and very pleasant. I've been off the boat for two weeks and I'm still running the itinerary through my mind (it's Monday and the ship is headed to Juneau). My trip was exactly the experience I hoped it would be. I did a lot of homework looking into cruise ships and lines prior to making my final choice. Am absolutely certain I made the right one.

If able to do so, get a cabin with a balcony. The views to Alaska are very unlike the Caribbean or some other destinations.

If you can afford it, worth staying in hotel night before cruise. That way, you don't have to worry about delayed flights and getting to ship on time. Wish I could have stayed in town for a few days after cruise.
Float Plane excursion (where you actually get out of the plane. Worth the price.
Wake up early and take in the stunning scenery. Take lots of photos
Dog sled musher's camp. Rains
Experience White Pass-Yukon railway. Incredible scenery. Quaint town
Wonderful scenery.
Take bus shuttle from dock. Walk around downtown area.