Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Solstice to Alaska

Sail Date: June 27, 2014

Not what we expected. The scenery wasn't what I expected to see. Got some great pics but we expected to see glaciers and glaciers calving but saw ice pieces on the water. The float plane ride was the highlight of the trip, the helicopter to the dog sledding was cancelled after waiting in line for an hour to board a bus to the airport was a huge disappointment and the train to the Yukon was just okay.

Lots of rain and cold weather for the first 4 days wasn't expected. The staff on board the Solstice was awesome! I requested gluten free beer, as I have celiac disease, and the crew had 2 cases put on the ship prior to departure. Needless to say, I wasn't the only one requesting GF beer so they ran out after 3 days! I would, however, go on another Celebrity cruise but not to Alaska. I'm still trying to figure out why so many cruise lines go there with so many other exotic destinations all over the world. Been there, done that and don't need to go there again.