Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Second Mate

Don't miss out on Tracy Fjord excursion

Sail Date: August 30, 2013

I have traveled with most of the big commercial cruise liners and this one had the best service. We tried all the specialty restaurants and the only one that was excellent was the Chinese silk harvest. I did not take my kids but would like to take them back to Alaska, with that said I don't know how friendly this ship is for kids. It is not like the Caribbean cruises that we have been on with the kids but it's more about nature and excursions then partying on the boat. The Tracy Fjord expedition was all booked up and I didn't get to go. I would recommend that you book early for that one as it's a unique excursion on this itinerary. We also went on the train to the Yukon and that was Very nice as well. We also went on the trip and Juno to see whales with the scientist and that was a great learning process as well as some great sightseeing. Overall if you've never been to Alaska I would highly recommend you go, I don't know if I would really want to go back and less I was taking my kids but it is one of those places you have to see at least once. You will not be disappointed with celebrity. Overall the service was excellent the boat was very clean and modern almost there'll and the food was good. I hope this was helpful, we stayed on a six floor balcony and I wouldn't recommend that as you Will have the lifeboats right in front of your view, the seventh floor balcony or veranda and higher should be okay.

Cruise Photos