Despite Celebrity and the Reflection, We Enjoyed Our Holiday at Sea

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Italy & Greek Isles (Rome Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 27, 2016

This was our 7th cruise, our 2nd with Celebrity. We enjoyed ourselves because of our (my wife and I) time together and the intriguing excursions in most of the ports. I applaud Celebrity Reflection crew for their great organization of excursions, the best ones and the most efficient and effective organization of such excursions I have ever experienced. Now the sad story: 1)The ship despite not being that old is worn inside (upholstery, carpets, etc) and even torn in public places, dinginess too. 2) the worst experience by far with food - poor and limited choices, tasteless, and badly presented whether in our dining room (Blu  - Acqua Class which costs more for this so-called premium) and in the buffet hall. The buffet was only decent on the 2 sea days. Celebrity has done away with lunch in the main dining rooms to save money. 3) entertainment eith the exception of the last day was just embarrassing for the cruise line and the entertainers. Most shows were half filled and many walked out during performances. 4) guest services were very unhelpful and tge crew albeit efficient were unaccommodatng and truly unfriendly. This was apparently a feeling expressed by many. 5) the number of speciality and reserved areas has grown to the point as to encroach on the space of most cruisers who have less do ace in which yo enjoy themselves. ... Let me add a few positives: 1) Tuscan speciality restaurant food was great though service was at best acceptable 2) the phone system worked about  half the time 3) internet prices were eventually honored after several days at sea after debates with guest relations officers that it was unfair to change (increase and repackage) prices that had been advertised 4) what beautiful sunny weather and calms seas (I know that Celebrity didn't arrange this but anything positive I can say here might help them). My next cruise will be Panama Canal. It will not be with Celebrity. When I told them I had hoped to arrange this future Panama Cruise whike onboard tgey nonetheless did everything to enciyrage me to go to the competitors. I will.

Small, bathroom good ($600 extra for Acquaclass)

Avoid it.