Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

EXPECTED MORE !

Sail Date: May 27, 2016

Reviewed: 21 days ago

My favorite part was the places we visited the Greek Islands where superb I cant wait to get back, we hired scooters real cheap on shore and toured the islands went to little taverna's in secluded bays had fresh caught seafood, Greek salads and feta with lots of olives and stone ground homemade breads, the people are real friendly and the scenery perfect.

The ship itself was for me a bit of a let down and I know its a personal thing it was very different than the Celebrity Century, I found the ship to be too spread out and not as welcoming, the Martini bar was open to a walkway dancing was in the foyer so it clogged the areas up God forbid if there was ever an emergency on board with the need of a swift evacuation it would be total ciaos.

The food in the buffet was better than the main restaurant, but again constantly clogged, people wandering around looking for tables, it would be much better run had they had the same system they do in the evening where some one greets you upon entry asks how many in the party and escort them to a table, cant be that hard they did it on the Mariner of the Seas in the Buffet it was run like clockwork and that way more enjoyable to eat as you didn't end up walking around and around the dining tables looking for a space with everyone else like a load of cattle.

I can't say I actually enjoyed the cruise part at all, we are going back to do Italy and Greece in August with Norwegian so I hope that the ship is better set out, we are also going in a suite this time to see if that is what made being on the Celebrity Century such a good cruise.

We had a Concierge class balcony on the Reflection which is the same as normal balcony class with some wine on arrival evening canapes which where awful fresh fruit and a flower in your room.

I will look for smaller ships in the fleet to venture on Celebrity again,  one redeeming factor where the staff who where fantastic we met up with the boys in the Martin Bar from Indonesia who where on the Celebrity Century the first time we met them they made the evenings bearable, there was lots to do on the ship and the different areas where great but very disjointed.

I would not rate this ship as 5 star maybe a 4 star at a push.

Happy

I would not pay the extra for Concierge class as it is a normal balcony room !

Get a suite it will be worth it !