Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Nights of Alaska

Sail Date: July 01, 2016

Overall this was a very good trip.  I found the ship to be clean, the staff friendly and attentive.  The food in the main dining room was just average - not the fabulous fare you expect on a cruise ship.  Buffet fare was better than you would expect.  We were unable to participate in the one excursion we booked though Celebrity due to an injury an thought we'd have to file a claim through our travel insurance.  When I asked Guest Relations for a copy of the injury report - which was not available because it is for 'internal use' only - I was sent me to the Excursions Desk and they provided me with a full refund!Happy

As far as the injury - watch that step in Cosmos Lounge.  I missed the step and fell twisting my left ankle and right knee.  When I went to the medical facility I was told that as long as I could walk nothing was broken!  Seriously? I was given ibuprofen, a cloth brace for my ankle and told to rest.  Didn't even look at either my knee or ankle.  Wow!Surprised

Embarkation in Seward was the most efficient I've ever experienced.
Destinations and Excursions We booked a zip lining excursion through Celebrity and were unable to go due to an injury. I thought I'd have to file a claim with our travel insurance company but Celebrity provided with a full refund.
Entertainment The shows we saw in the theatre were entertaining. Music provided in different lounges was very good.
Our room steward Agus, provided us with excellent service. The bartenders on Deck 10 at the Oceanview Bar were outstanding.
Service in the main dining room varied depending on who the head waiter and wine steward were. Jaimie & Nilo were outstanding. Buffet offerings were better than expected.
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
Spectacular. We initially thought viewing from deck 12 would be the best but the weather didn't cooperate - too cold and raining. We ended up viewing the glacier from our balcony on deck 7 then moved to the pool deck on 10 for a different view. It was amazing. People were generous and thoughtful in allowing others a chance to take pictures.
Juneau, Alaska
We purchased tickets online for the Mt. Roberts tram and shuttle to Mendenhall Glacier through Juneau Tours in order to have the most flexibility and be able to spend as much time as we wanted walking the trails, viewing Nugget Falls and the glacier. What an ordeal to find the dock agent to get our tickets! People inside the visitor center were rude and clueless. The tram ride itself is nice, the trail we took had beautiful views. The shuttle drivers to and from the park were entertaining. The walk to Nugget Falls is pretty easy and I'm glad we had the flexibility to spend as much time as we wanted just watching the falls and viewing the glacier. On the way back the driver offered to drop us either at the Red Dog Saloon or back at the ship. We chose the Red Dog. The beer was cold, the food surprisingly good and the live music entertaining.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
The amount of time in this port is very short. If you do an excursion here there isn't much time left to browse the little shops and eateries.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia

We spent a good deal of time at the Oceanview Bar on deck 10 just watching the world go by. Great for sunset viewing (if you can stay awake that late!)