Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Third Mate

relaxed family trip

Sail Date: August 15, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Excellent service and staff.  Kids program is beyond my expectation.  My 9 year old son kept going back to the club every day. Buffet has a lot of options, better than I expected; the main dining restaurant food is OK but not as good as I expected for Celebrity.  There are people replacing copper pipes with PVC ones in our hallway almost everyday, which is a little noisy and annoying.  They did not smoke in the hallway but left strong smoke smell.  I wish they do these maintenance jobs when the ship is not cruising.  We booked a shuttle bus trip to white pass summit at Skagway, which was supposed to take us to the suspension bridge, the bus driver/guide just cancelled it after we boarded.  We complained to excursion dept. afterwards and they refund us $21 dollars each.  But it is not just the matter of money.  We missed the opportunity to see what we wanted.

clean and felt spacious as they put mirrors on one whole wall.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
must see salmon run at Creek Street and it is free
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
not much to do and zip line is a expensive 90 second
Juneau, Alaska
did see whales, see lions and eagles on a whale watching trip
Skagway, Alaska
White pass summit is very famous but to me there is really not much to see on an expensive rail trip
Cruise Hubbard Glacier
best part of the cruise, awesome views
Seward (Anchorage), Alaska
recommendations: Exit Glacier, only cost $10 round trip; or cruise for glacier/seal life

1 Comment