relaxed family trip

Sail date: August 15, 2014

Ship: Celebrity Millennium

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 7015

Traveled as: Family (young children)

Review summary

Excellent service and staff.  Kids program is beyond my expectation.  My 9 year old son kept going back to the club every day. Buffet has a lot of options, better than I expected; the main dining restaurant food is OK but not as good as I expected for Celebrity.  There are people replacing copper pipes with PVC ones in our hallway almost everyday, which is a little noisy and annoying.  They did not smoke in the hallway but left strong smoke smell.  I wish they do these maintenance jobs when the ship is not cruising.  We booked a shuttle bus trip to white pass summit at Skagway, which was supposed to take us to the suspension bridge, the bus driver/guide just cancelled it after we boarded.  We complained to excursion dept. afterwards and they refund us $21 dollars each.  But it is not just the matter of money.  We missed the opportunity to see what we wanted.

Ship experiences

clean and felt spacious as they put mirrors on one whole wall.

Ports of call

Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia

Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska

Ketchikan, Alaska

must see salmon run at Creek Street and it is free

Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska

not much to do and zip line is a expensive 90 second

Juneau, Alaska

did see whales, see lions and eagles on a whale watching trip

Skagway, Alaska

White pass summit is very famous but to me there is really not much to see on an expensive rail trip

Cruise Hubbard Glacier

best part of the cruise, awesome views

Seward (Anchorage), Alaska

recommendations: Exit Glacier, only cost $10 round trip; or cruise for glacier/seal life

1 Comment