Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Special diet and traveling with teens

Sail Date: March 27, 2016

We traveled with our to youngest children, ages 13 and 17.  The teen program was great.  They were sent on scavenger hunts, played board games, basketball and other games.  The Xbox time was limited, which was fine.  There was a daily program of activities that was delivered to our room each night.  The kids could attend all day or for certain activities. They could come and go as they liked.  They appreciated the freedom.

I have a special diet.  I notified my travel agent and she notified the ship.  I was very well taken care of.  We had the same waiter and matra'd every night.  I was told to pick anything out in the menu I wanted, and the chef would make it for me.  In the buffet restaurant and on the menu in the main dining room, items were clearly marked to tell us if they were vegan, dairy free, gluten-free and no sugar added. I did not get sick once on the boat.  Kudos to Maynor (from Honduras) and Oviedo  (from Jamaica)!

A note about the class distinction between middle class and upper class passengers.  I did not see much favoritism going on, but my husband noticed.  The food in the buffet restaurant was the same as the main dining.  The main dining was strict with the dress codes and etiquette. My son had some trouble with this.  The buffet (Oceanview cafe) was much more relaxed.  I took a craft class in one of the specialty restaurants, which was free of charge for the class.  It was extremely hot in there and no air flow.  In our opinion the special restaurants were not worth the extra money.  There were people on the boat trying to get us to go to them, and they kept lowering the price.  I still only seen one passenger sign up for it.

The tee shirts sold out in the xlarge sizes, so buy them right away.  All the on board shops put things on clearance half way thru the cruise.  Overall it was a fantastic experience with this cruise!Wink

Cruise Photos

A little small. About the size of our camper. The house keeping staff came in during breakfast to put away the bunk beds and straiten up. They came back during dinner to pull the bunks down and pull the bedding down.
Teenagers were pleased with the activities. They were free to leave or stay as long as they wanted. They were excused for 2 hrs over lunch and then 2 hrs for dinner. The program was available from 10am to midnight. They really liked it.
We went to a couple shows in the theater, they were really good. The rooftop terrace was perfect. We brought snacks up there and watched movies under the stars listenin to the ocean.
Maynor (from Honduras) and Oviedo (from Jamaica) were super!
Special diet- wait staff was great and was carefully with my needs.
Miami, Florida
We hired a limo to take us to the ship. We forgot something at home and we're able to pick it up on the way. Miami limo charged a flat rate of $95. Perfect.
Cartagena, Colombia
Very beautiful place. Colorfully. We took a taxi tour for $10 a person, 3 hours long. Went to the fort, to old town and the emerald museum.
Colon, Panama
It was 94 degrees, we stayed on the ship.
Panama Canal Transit
Wow is all I can say.
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
We took a bus tour from a salesman out by the end of the pier. We went to feed the monkeys, see the crocodile and to a rainforest garden. We paid $25 each. The ship excursion was $115 each. We stopped at the same places.
Puerto Quetzal, Guatemala
Way too hot. 98 degrees. We stayed on the ship.
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
My daughter and I took an excursion thru the ship. It was $59. We went horse back riding. Very pleased. It seems that all the excursions end up at the same places. The open air restaurant at the tequila factory.
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
My daughter and I took the scuba diving excursion thru the ship. The dive masters were great and informative. Again, many of the excursions ended up in the same place, pelican rock and the arch. Paddle boards, diving, snorkling, glass bottom boats.

Don't waste money on the specialty restaurants. Bring your kids, there were only 30 on our cruise and most of them didn't go to the teen center so ours recived alot of attention. We hired a taxi and took tours around the towns. Excursions usually went to the same places as the taxi tours took us.

1 Comment