Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Rather dull experience onboard, but the destinations were wonderful

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

The first three days were horrible due to the sanitizing they were conducting on board. That meant long lines, no place to eat, and angry people. There wasn't any sense of organization or management, leading me to wonder why a cruise line that has encountered this issue before has not set up a standard operating procedure.

I'm the type of traveler that books cruises to go to places, and doesn't give much thought to the ship or cruise line. However, I don't want to rely solely on myself for entertainment during all those sea days and feel this cruise lacked that. The same mediocre bands played everyday and you could barely call the "guitarist" live. The cooking demos were great though, unfortunately there were only 3-4 of them. The beer tastings were canceled when not enough people showed up, and the times that they scheduled stuff seemed to prevent anyone from doing anything.

The service was outstanding of course. The ship was clean and our stateroom as definitely the nicest and largest interior room I've been in. You can order room service from your TV and check your account balance. We ended up doing that as the main buffet served the same mediocre food and wasn't even open for an hour in the afternoon. Really?

All in all, it wasn't the best experience which I attribute to poor management, poor scheduling of activities and regulated eating times compared to other cruises. But all in all, I had a wonderful time and might consider another cruise with Celebrity, though it would have to be for a great price to put up with some of the issues.
The buffet wasn't fresh or good, MDR was good but not great