Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Panama Canal, Central America

Panama Canal Cruise-2010

Sail Date: September 24, 2010

Ship was fine. Public areas clean and nicely decorated. Bathrooms always seemed cleaned.

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? Yes!

Best entertainment was the a capella groug On Tap. They were great. Otherwise the shows were typical cruise ship fare. Entertainers who usually can't sing or dance very well. One of the biggest problems with the entertainment was that it was totally aimed at the older guests. There were enough younger people on board who might have enjoyed some entertainment geared towards the under 50 age group! Activities were boring to say the least. Scrap booking? Art auctions that put you to sleep. Water color painting led by a teacher who thought she was in school, not on a vacation cruise. Painful to watch. Nothing for the under 50 set.
Little bigger than I usually like but laid out quite nicely. Everything was easy to find. Public areas were attractively decorated and always kept clean.
Somewhat disappointing. I've heard Celebritiy has excellent foot but that was not the case on the Infinity. Steaks overcooked and tough. Pasta undercooked. Seafood average. Nothing stood out except of course the deserts!! Buffet was always chaotic. Too many food lines going in all directions.
Not the best I've had but certainly not the worst.
Bar and restaurant staff were excellent. Cabin steward left something to be desired. Took 3 attempts before he understood we wanted the beds separated! Always forgot something when cleaning the cabin.
Huatulco, Mexico
Nice, clean little town. Again found a local taxi to show me the sights. Enjoyable port.
Don't Miss: The beach!
Colon, Panama
Got off the ship in the evening only. Really not worth it.
Don't Miss: THE CANAL!!!
Acapulco, Mexico
Got a good deal on a local taxi ride throught the city. He took us to all the highlights and was very polite and knowledgeable about the history of the city. Plus the taxi was airconditioned!!
Don't Miss: Cliff divers!!
Cartagena, Colombia
Only excursion I took from the ship. Should have found another taxi ride. The tour guide was horrible. She let scenic sights go by while making sure time and again that we knew we were in Cartagen, Columbia. Where else were we supposed to be?? And she had the bus driver drive us right up to specific stores for our "shopping pleasure". What a rip off. While in the courtyard of the church she spent the last 15 minutes of the tour telling us about the shopping in Boca Grande. Everyone was wilting in the heat. We had run out of the water we'd been given at the start of the tour. And when we finally got to Boca Grande she again had the driver stop right in front of a specific shop and she even opened the door of the shop to usher us in!! I asked if there was a little grocery store where I could get a soda and she said she show me "later" after the jewelry store. Think she had a little something on the side with that shop?? I found what I wanted on my own. Emily is tour guide.
Don't Miss: Old Town. I love historic sights
San Diego, California
Been here before. Always enjoy it. Lots to see and do. Had a friend take my around. Nice way to sightsee!
Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Private guide to see crocadiles, monkeys and such. The only way to go.
Don't Miss: Feeding the monkeys!!!
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
WAY too hot for me! I know the street merchants want to sell you everything, but this was ridiculous. You couldn't walk 10 feet without being pestered to buy something. Glass bottom boat ride was excellent however. And cooler!
Don't Miss: Glass bottom boat ride