Celebrity Infinity Cruise Review to Alaska

Well Worth It

Sail Date: May 11, 2009

I have been on this cruise line and ship before and was very impressed with the level of service and quality of the stateroom. I never wanted for anything long, there was always someone around to help when I needed it. The food was very good and variety was always available.

Pros: Service, Food, Champagne Bar, Activities Staff

Cons: Photography Department, Excursions Department

Recommends Celebrity Infinity? Yes!

Skagway, Alaska
I wish we had done the rail adventure train- that looked fun. This was a disappointing port to me- nothing really standout. Also a walkable town. Did a tour with a really nice tour guide.
Don't Miss: N/A
Sitka, Alaska
Nice town with lots of history. Was kind of disappointed with the cathedral- don't waste all day there or plan your day around it. Ernie's was a good local bar.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
I have done the zipline both times I was here and I can't say enough great things about it. You literally get a mini tour of the town with this because you have to go through Hoonah to get to the launching point. I really would like to have done the ATV tour of the island, which was cancelled the last time I was here, but it was a bit expensive. There is a tours building as soon as you get off the tender and the prices in there were less than on the ship, but they couldn't guarantee a spot on any tour, only if they had room. But only one ship (yours) visits that day and people tend to shy away from the active stuff. Moral of the story- wait to get on shore to buy tours.
Don't Miss: ZipRider
Victoria, British Columbia
A city I could see myself visiting again- amazing Beacon Hill Park, did not get enough time there. The Empress Hotel was impressive but taking tea there will cost you- $55 each to be exact. I don't think that was worth it- we got tea on the ship for free. But you have to see it. I would definitely go back to see fisherman's wharf, the park, and other sights that looked interesting. Note- if you take a cab into town, don't pay for one back. Just show your SeaPass card to the drivers on the red doubler decker buses and they'll take you back to the ship for free
Ketchikan, Alaska
I have done the zipline adventure through the trees, that was great. We also did the basic city tour- that was ok but this is a totally walkable town.
Don't Miss: Zipline Adventure
Juneau, Alaska
If they have it, I would recommend to do the bike and brew tour. It sounded interesting but they cancelled my trip. This is where I have a complaint about the excursions staff- they had no idea it was cancelled. I had to go to the visitors center, find a brochure for the brewing company and call them to find out they cancelled the trip for lack of interest.
Don't Miss: Definitely see the glacier but don't waste all day. Also do a salmon feed.