Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Not close to what I expected

Sail Date: January 20, 2014

First I was sold a bill of goods that the stateroom we paid for was a Sunset extralarge (suite size) room. Infact it was the same size as all the other balcony staterooms. Nothing special and it was a 500ft walk to the nearest elevator.It was in the stern so the engine noise was louder than normal and much rougher in turbid seas than a central stateroom. The food was mediocre in all respects including the "special restaurants" The buffet which in our experiance was not done well and the food was served like slopp. The ship itself was not pretty or salty, just a big monster. The service was generally very good overall. I can say thats the only really positive thing about the cruise.The ports were OK and the excursions the same. I chose this cruise because we had never been to all but one of the ports.The stays were not long enough to get a feel for any of the countries. The entertainment was excellent. All in all I was very disapointed in Celebrity from the last time we cruised with them. Finally the disembarkment at Ft Lauderdale was horrible took two and a half hours to clear customs depite the fact that every one was given a delayed departure.

Children's Programs does not apply

Get a central balcony or concierge stateroom as there are only two sets of elevators on over a 1000 ft ship amidship and forward.