Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Third Mate

Love Celebrity, not huge ships

Sail Date: January 20, 2014

I still think Celebrity is a good value, after cruising with them for many years (elite member), but the size of these ships leads some disappointment, especially for dining.  I am a single traveler and am happy to be seated with people at any table that is available.  I had open seating and tried to make a reservation immediately on the first day and was told, as a single, I would need to come and be seated that evening - no specific time.  After standing in line for 40 minutes, I was told I could either sit alone or wait another 1/2 hour.  I ate alone at the buffet.  Same thing the next night.  I finally met a couple in the lounge for elite travelers and asked if I could joint them for dinner and got seated.  When I complained to customer relations I was told that I could either be seated at 5:15 or 8:30 - neither of which is really acceptable.  I have not had this problem on any other cruise line - Holland America, Royal Caribbean, etc.  While the staff is excellent and service is great, getting on and off the ship in ports with no dockage is a nightmare with people getting sea sick waiting for the shuttles to be full.  I loved the hot glass show and had a good cruise because I had a balcony, elite perks and good entertainment, but I expected more based on prior experienc with Celebrity.

Children's Programs did not use

The Wine Cellar and Michaels Lounge are relatively quite places during the day to read and listen to music. Get off as early as you can because customs took more than two hours!

1 Comment