Carnival Valor Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Great Cruise, Future Cruise Consultant--yuck

Sail Date: October 10, 2015

On Embarkation Day, when we got settled in, we went to the Future Cruise desk to plan our next cruise.  I had already determined the destination, ship, and date. The consultant was very rude to me.  She made us feel as though we were interrupting her and she didn't want to waste her time helping us.  Her comments were short and rude.  When asked about available rooms, she claimsed there were no staterooms available for the specific cruise I was inquiring about, unless I wanted to either upgrade or downgrade.  She showed us the deck plans for a ship that had the exact same layout, stating that she wasn't going to print off copies of all the ships.  As I was looking at those deck plans, she asked if I was flipping her off (I was pointing to an area of staterooms)!  She continued to say that it was out of her control with the stateroom availability and kept trying to come up with excuse after excuse that I couldn't book the stateroom that I had already researched.

Fast-forward to a week after the cruise:  I consulted with my local travel agent, who showed me the stateroom was in fact available.  I proceeded to book the cruise with my travel agent.

As always, our cabin was clean and tidy. There was no sewer smell, which is a plus. Loved the towel animals, especially the hanging monkey.

It needs to be upgraded.