A wonderful cruise with a few exceptions

Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 04, 2011
Ship: Carnival Magic
Very beautiful ship. We had a major problem from the beginning. The Redfrog Pub was directly below our stateroom. HORRIBLE!!! Could hear the music, laughter, noise every night. I mean bass shaking the walls at times. I have already rebooked for another cruise on this ship so overall I did like it BUT even though they gave me a $691.00 credit toward price of the cruise, not enough for the inconvenience. When I rebooked, I made sure I was far away from the pub!!

Was unable to go to dining room because of late shore excursions BUT the Lido Marketplace was pretty good. In the buffet line at night, the food was hit and miss as far as temperature of food.

Rating says it all

Everything was excellent but location of room with problem as described above
Went to Mt. Etna. AWESOME GUIDE! Just didnt like Messina that much.
Absolutely beautiful.
Don't Miss: Couldnt go wrong on anything on this port.
Went to Sistine Chapel/The Vatican...totally enjoyed. So much more there I would like to see.
Loved Venice. Went on Gondola ride (awesome); went to St. Mark's Square (awesome); went to Murano and Burano (awesome)
I did not like Florence at all. Too crowded, traffic horrible. Hot day so that may have had something to do with it!!
Riviera Spectacular was an excellent shore excursion.

Pros: Cruise director, beauty of the ship, friendliness of staff

Cons: ran out of water on days of shore excursions, lack of efficiency re shore excursions

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!