Carnival Magic Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A wonderful cruise with a few exceptions

Sail Date: September 04, 2011

Very beautiful ship. We had a major problem from the beginning. The Redfrog Pub was directly below our stateroom. HORRIBLE!!! Could hear the music, laughter, noise every night. I mean bass shaking the walls at times. I have already rebooked for another cruise on this ship so overall I did like it BUT even though they gave me a $691.00 credit toward price of the cruise, not enough for the inconvenience. When I rebooked, I made sure I was far away from the pub!!

Pros: Cruise director, beauty of the ship, friendliness of staff

Cons: ran out of water on days of shore excursions, lack of efficiency re shore excursions

Recommends Carnival Magic? Yes!

Was unable to go to dining room because of late shore excursions BUT the Lido Marketplace was pretty good. In the buffet line at night, the food was hit and miss as far as temperature of food.
Everything was excellent but location of room with problem as described above
Rating says it all
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Went to Sistine Chapel/The Vatican...totally enjoyed. So much more there I would like to see.
Messina, Sicily
Went to Mt. Etna. AWESOME GUIDE! Just didnt like Messina that much.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Riviera Spectacular was an excellent shore excursion.
Venice, Italy
Loved Venice. Went on Gondola ride (awesome); went to St. Mark's Square (awesome); went to Murano and Burano (awesome)
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Absolutely beautiful.
Don't Miss: Couldnt go wrong on anything on this port.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
I did not like Florence at all. Too crowded, traffic horrible. Hot day so that may have had something to do with it!!