Amazing trip - just not up to par

Carnival Legend Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

8 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Vancouver To Seattle)
Sail Date: May 16, 2016
Ship: Carnival Legend

Alaska is an incredible place and seeing it on a cruise ship has always been my dream.  This was my second cruise on Carnival and my second cruise on the Legend.  The ship is one of the oldest in their fleet, but it is clean and well maintained.  The staff was very friendly and helpful.  The balcony room was very nice, but a little tight for 3 people.  The food was not as good as I remembered and there wasn't the variety I thought there would be.  For an up-charge in the dining room you could order better than what was being served.  My biggest disappointment was the number of small children allowed to run wild all day and then become a nuisance at night when rude parents bring them to the shows and let them cry for an hour.  The staff should step so other guests don't miss the show.  Overall very happy I went and I am planning on going again, this time I will try another cruise line with less kids.

Dining room was ok, nothing to write home about. The buffet was good on occasion, but it seemed to lack variety.

Other than the shows and comedy club, there were not many activities.

Loved the shows in Folly's and the comedians.

Must not have been enough children's programs because the kids were always underfoot.

Cabin was clean and the steward kept everything looking neat and clean. The walls are very thin, heard the family with 3 kids screaming all night and almost had a picture fall off the wall thanks to a heavy handed neighbor who couldn't shut the door without slamming it.

Don't be afraid to get a room near the elevators, you cannot hear them.