Caribbean Princess Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Had a Good Time for the Most Part

Sail Date: April 26, 2009

Although we had a good time, my wife and I agreed that this cruise was not as good as the other 3 we have taken with Princess. I can't put my finger on the specific issue so maybe it was just us but it didn't seem like people laughed as much as our last cruise.

The embarkation process seemed to take a long time. Not all the check in stations were manned. We arrived after 3 as the cruise line suggested but it still took in excess of an hour to get on the ship from the time we arrived at the cruise terminal.

We also had a shore excursion conflict on Antigua. Luckily we discovered the mix up in our ticket package but it would have been nice if the shore excursion desk was more proactive. Instead we had to find the error. It turned out that we made our reservations on the web but the tour operator cancelled at the last moment. The shore excursion desk just moved the time without checking to see if we had another excursion planned.

The itinerary was great but we caught a bad break on the timing. All the shops were closed on Barbados due to a holiday. The same thing happened later in the cruise when we were in St. Thomas. This was not all that big a deal to me but if you like to shop a lot then you would have been disappointed.

Pros: Staff is very attentive, the food is good

Cons: Embarkation not efficient, Shore excursion issues

Recommends Caribbean Princess? Yes!

I would have liked my comedy performers.
No gripes here
The staff did everything in their power to ensure we had a good time.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
It was carnival so the shops in town were closed.
Don't Miss: On deck open sail racing - If you don't do anything else, do this.
Bridgetown, Barbados
The shops in town were closed for Hero's Day so the shopping was limited to what was right by the ship
St. John's, Antigua

Don't Miss: Check out the zip line.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
My favorite island on this cruise.
Don't Miss: Take a trip to Kane Garden Bay
Castries, St. Lucia
This is a beautiful island.
Don't Miss: I enjoyed the catamaran trip to the Pitons