Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

High Hopes . . . Big Let Down!!!

Sail Date: November 14, 2015

The cruise was poor at best.  The embarkation and disembark process was terrible.  The ship was outdated.  The dinners were good quality food; all other food was terrible.  We had to ask to have dinners as close to the doors (mid ship) as possible because the constant vibration from the engine was making my wife sick.  The nonstop sales pitch when aboard the ship got tiring after a day or two; think infomercial (act now!!, come to the promenade for a free chain when you buy a pendant, spa service $20 off . . wait $30 off . . . wait $50 off).  UGH!!  I'd prefer it if they set a competitive price and let me choose what I want.  My thoughts don't go on the Adventure of the Seas until it gets a refresh.  If Royal Caribbean has a better quality ship with better food choices and stopped the sales pitch they would probably be a good company to sail with.  Their customer service on board was actually very good.  It was the only thing preventing me from giving it an outright terrible rating.

Our stateroom attendant was great. The room was outdated. It smelt dank and musty (never could get rid of the smell).
What a terrible process. On my first day we spent nearly 3 hours in lines. By the time I got on the ship I was already disappointed. Getting off the ship wasn't much better.
The ship was outdated. We felt we were in a 90's Las Vegas Casino when aboard the ship. We heard an update was coming in 2016 though.
Destinations and Excursions We ended up not doing any of their excursions. The choices seemed limited, over priced and we knew there would 30+ other people on every one.
We found it hard to find anything that was of interest to us. About 2 days in we just gave up trying.
Customer service was great. All the staff was friendly and had were clearly trained on quality customer service!
Dinner service was good and food quality was better than I expected. The rest of the food choices were terrible! Windjammer was hideous. If you missed your dinner the options were VERY limited.