Princess just cancelled all cruises until December 15th 2020

And so it goes AGAIN!

And my cruise was to start December 12th, 2020

My hope of EVER cruising again is fading.

I can't even get my travel agent on the phone.

She must be swamped.

Anyone know how this is going to work out if you used your FCC and held monies to rebook and now rebook is cancelled?

Throw me a lifeline here.

I'm sinking fast.

Tags: Princess Cruises

12 Answers

As I mentioned on another thread, I can only hope they get this worked out. It certainly isn't encouraging. Hope you get it touch with your agent soon and can share whatever you learn with the rest of us confused and hopeful cruisers.Crying

We have switched to 2022 for everything from weekend getaways to cruising. I don't expect anything more until then.

That's probably a more realistic expectation.

It was just my husband and my 40th wedding anniversary and our daughter & son-in-law (new cruisers) were going to join us.

It's looking like it might be our 42nd wedding anniversary, before we sail again.

I'm waiting to hear back from our agent as to where our monies is going?

Sorry to hear about the cancellation. Most of the cruise lines are pretty good about things. We have had to do some rebooking as well but NCL has been quite good about it. We were initially booked for March 16 2020 and were one of the first casualties of the shutdown. We were given FCC for this which we used to book a sailing in Sept 2020 which has also been cancelled now. We paid for our initial Mar cruise using a cruise next cert and then paid in full. We cancelled before the cruise line pulled the plug so we were given 100% FCC and they also reinstated the cruise next cert. We used these for the Sept 2020 cruise and when NCL cancelled it they gave us back all of our FCC plus added a bonus 25% FCC and once again reinstated the cruise next cert. I suspect that you will be treated fairly. Right now the cruise lines are already hurting and do not really want to alienate their customers.

I'm thinking along the same lines as John. Even if the US, Canada and Europe get things under control other countries may not work as well and may have travel bans for longer periods.

I'm staying home so much that I have not put gas in the SUV in almost 2 months and I still have 1/2 a tank left. In 2 moths I have used only about 12 gallons and I take it on a freeway run ever few weeks to keep it running and battery charged.

Gonna have stale gas in there before you empty the tank man ... when was the last time that happened?

I'm thinking the rest of 2020 is shot. Hopefully they start up again in January. So much for our Hawaiian cruise in November.

Looks like they have gone beyond and now are into 2021 cancellations

https://cruiseline.com/forum/post/more-cancellations-cunard-and-princess-into-and-beyond-march-2021

Fortunately, our Princess January cruise is not affected by this news. Doesn't mean it won't be cancelled, just not under this particular situation.Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.