Princess just cancelled all cruises until December 15th 2020

And so it goes AGAIN!

And my cruise was to start December 12th, 2020

My hope of EVER cruising again is fading.

I can't even get my travel agent on the phone.

She must be swamped.

Anyone know how this is going to work out if you used your FCC and held monies to rebook and now rebook is cancelled?

Throw me a lifeline here.

I'm sinking fast.

Tags: Princess Cruises

26 Answers

Picture from before sailing on our last cruise. Water front in Seattle, looking towards Pier 66.

P1010798.JPG

Thank you so very much for your comment. I find it so very encouraging! Counting down again is going to be hard, but it sounds like this count down will have a cruise at the end :-)Love

Every time we speak with our TA, we get an idea of how things are looking in the industry in regards to COVID and what their honest opinion is. We've been working with our TA long before COVID (probably a good 10-15 years if I had to guess), and we always trust his opinion on everything from ships to itineraries and shore excursions. Part of his job is to advise his customers, so he has no reason to mislead us.

When we booked in January (I think, maybe before that), he was, and remains very optimistic that our cruise will be sailing by November, unless something drastic happens, in which case, he will keep us posted of any news within the industry.

Good to know! Thanks for sharing!Happy

YEH ABLEMAN....a completely boring, uneventful, dull cruise is what we want too...although that might not sound appealing to some, those of us who know better want EXACTLY that.....

BTW, just heard from Cust Svc..good ol MIchelle is a joy...she answers!!!...yeh those missing posts were probably flagged or deleted...but the "count" doesn't update...and apparently it ought to.

Yeah, that's my thinking too.

But my main hope is that the first few weeks of cruises go off uneventfully..... almost to the point of being boring. I want to see that because there will be a huge media spotlight on the return to sailing. If there is even [1] Covid related incident, they will all be screaming "see, see.... we told you it still isn't safe. Even though we have no experience in infectious diseases we the highly exalted news media knows better". They could end up being the drivers of political pressure to "pause" the restart until all the "facts" are investigated and the proper "tweaking" to the "guidance" is applied.

Since they (news media) all suffer from ADD, their spotlight will be trained elsewhere after the fist couple of weeks. Like I said..... a boring and uneventful restart.

[quote=Yankee47]

Look on the bright side (its hard I know...) we've had a bunch cancelled...as it happens, out next on is Nov 27, on the VISTA out of Galveston......by then, just maybe some of those ridiculous/absurd CDC regs will be eased, or even dropped....I know there's folks in here hoping to go this summer, starting July....but frankly, I'd rather wait for them to get the kinks out first...for the most part, this summer folks will be dealing with a rusty crew, and rusty systems...would rather not be part of somebody's "training camp", and have to pay for the privilege...we'll wait.......good luck!!

Put it this way: with all these cancellations since the pandemic began, I now have 18 vacation days saved up at work!

I'm just so sick of all these cancellations, I hope the CDC and whoever else involved makes up their mind soon!

It happens when posts get deleted, either by the poster or Admin! My guess here it was the poster. If you ever go to "Funny Images..." You will see we are 4-5 postes behind. Things got a little out of hand early on in the postings. The same thing with "Where is everyone?"

Yeh..on pg 2 theres supposed to be posts 11-19...including this one...there's 3 missing ....I .sent the usual email...its no biggie, but it gets frustrating...

You are going to make some folks very happy!

I'm not sure about missing posts?

You have really pointed out some very good things.

In the mean time, I've been resorting to some "retail therapy". I am a crazy "cruise duck" lady. Every time a cruise has gotten cancelled, I've bought more "cruise ducks"

And my Princess Bear is getting sad Sad

20210503_195600.jpg?auto=format,compress

.... So if you are on the Grand Princess sailing to Hawaii, November 20th, 2021.... Keep your eyes open for them!

I now have 200 that I'm going to be hiding!!! Big Smile

I have: Sock Monkey Ducks, Fairy God-mother Ducks, Luau Ducks, Surfer Ducks, Gamer Ducks, Butterfly Ducks, Sailor Ducks and so on. I'm going QUACKERS!

I need to get back to cruising!!!! Love

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.