Packing

Going on my first cruise soon, and i would like to know, what are some of the most essential items to bring on a Caribbean cruise?

22 Answers

You may also want to be sure to have the boarding documents and your significant other.Big Smile

Lay everything out that you want to bring, then reduce the number of items by 50%

The most essential thing is definitely the swimming suit) But also you should take all the things you use in your everyday life in order to feel comfortable) I have been always forgetful in it, to be honest( The thing that really helped me was a planner I purchased here https://onplanners.com/planners/best-personal-planners-and-calendars. I now write down all the necessary things and feel relaxed during the cruise!!

I usually pack some Aloe Vera or witch hazel in the event I fall asleep in all that peace and tranquility on a distant beach, and forget to reapply the sunscreen every 2 hours, LOL

Essentials are passport and a credit card. All else can be replaced quickly.

Excellent advice!

Things I double check to make sure I have: sunscreen, a wide-brimmed hat (because i burn easily), comfortable walking shoes (because you will do a lot of walking around the ports), more than one swimsuit (if you like to swim), sunglasses, a plastic bag/pouch/ziploc bag for wet items or dirty/wet shoes that need to be packed when you leave, swim shoes (you never know how rocky a beach is, cash, at least one debit/credit card and a positive attitude! Do NOT let little things ruin your trip. A few times I spent too much time focused on something small and I let that color the entire trip. As my husband always tells me, let it go! Enjoy!

I don't think i have ever encountered an issue with too few coat hangers. Usually have plenty to spare. Wonder what ship gentryturley would be referring to.

Room stewards will bring you as many extra clothes hangers as you need so there’s no need to pack any.

No open flames are allowed, so if you want candles they will need to be battery operated.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.