Hotel for February 2022? So many are already sold out -- is this common?

I started looking around to see what I could get with my Hilton, Choice or Marriott points. I noticed that a TON of hotels in the area are already sold out. Seriously? Is this common, or did we just pick a busy weekend?

We are looking at places in Plantation or Sunrise, but will the cab be too expensive? Anyone have experience with this area, or maybe there are other affordable locations (under $150 for the few hours we will be at the hotel) in nice hotels?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

Tags: Florida Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

25 Answers

This entire thread ought to be required reading. Can't imagine how it got over 1200 views. Add to that the liberal cancellation policies of most motels, what appears to be sold out really isn't. Some folks think they'll save a few bux by booking a cruise at the last minute. Fine. But if you can't get there because of all the other things that have to fall in line, what good is it? First, book as early as you can, almost simultaneously, nail down the peripherals, if their "computers" will allow it that far out. Call direct...SPEAK to someone at the motel. People still do that. hehehe..

No wonder most hotels are full of people that time of year. Many people ca have their vacation on these days easily. That’s I prefer another option for traveling. First is going abroad, and so many countries have a lot of good places for lower prices. And second is booking some rentals, like flats, cottage houses, or even Beach Luxury Vacations houses. The renting I book depends on the aim of the travel. If I want to travel for work or to see something and will spend most of my time in the city, I take the apartment. Cottage houses or luxury houses are for my vacations.

Well I was wrong about the 600 views...as of this post it was 749...getting to the pier on time by arriving a day (or two) early is more important than ever...airlines that cancel, covid testing, it continuuuuues....and now, the CDC has reared its oooogly head once again....

Heading out on Emerald Princess Feb 27, 2022. We booked weeks ago for a hotel near the port as we always go down at least 1 day ahead. The prices are a lot higher than they were 2 years ago when we last cruised. Covid has hampered everything for the past two years.

Good for you! I KNOW most folks who read these type of blogs do it for advice, on a subject they need input on...AND NEVER ACTUALLY POST...I say that because i seem to remember there were just over 400 "views" of this thread when somehow it got dredged up a few days ago from 8 months ago, and i decided to throw another .02 in, because I thought it was a useful topic...folks are starting to cruise again, and running into the same problem. Well, it wouldn't surprise me if this thread breaks 600 views since then. Its rare when folks come back in and explain how their problem got resolved...in this case to your satisfaction. GOOD LUCK...CRUISE ON!!!

I didn't think about VRBO or Airbnb when we were searching. I took Yankee47's advice and worked directly with the hotels, finally choosing one a while ago. It paid off, we are close to the dock(?), and I was told to call when I landed for their shuttle.

I didn't think about VRBO or Airbnb when we were searching. I took Yankee47's advice and worked directly with the hotels, finally choosing one a while ago. It paid off, we are close to the dock(?), and I was told to call when I landed for their shuttle.

Have you looked into AirBnB or VRBO? We have found that even when "hotels" are sold out, these options never disappoint.

If you actually read what I posted, you wouldn't have felt badgered. Since some character dredged this up early this am, (I think the mods may have removed it) and I reread it, it seemed like something folks might be interested in when they try to make motel reservations, and it looks like its sold out, when it isn't. Learning the hows and whys of that bogus "sold out" message when all you need to do is time it better, and what to ask when you actually TALK to someone is a good thing to learn....

But in any event, all you need to do is UNSUBSCRIBE from this thread....and...its all gone...........thats another good thing to learn.....

How do I remove this post? Every time someone comments on it I get an alert. Yankee47, I did my homework and found a hotel several months ago. No need to badger me anymore. I didn't even lean that hard on my own kids when they were in school. Happy

Enjoy your week. Here's to better days ahead.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.