Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

Thanks - a lot of the “blame” for our fantastic cruise is your’s and Amy’s. Without your assistance, I would surely have, quite literally, missed the boat.

I believe I am in the middle of the second worst day of any cruise — packing to disembark tomorrow. Despite the problems, we have had an excellent time. Weather here in Aarhus is mid 50s and clear. Should be the same in Copenhagen tomorrow. We will depart Copenhagen on Wednesday to give American Airlines one last chance to lose the rest of my luggage. :)

Sounds awesome! Glad you're enjoying the cruise!

The best time to plan a cruise is when you are having so much fun on one.... or shortly after you return from a great one.... or.............

Now THERES an inappropriate post if I ever saw one...wanna swap? hehehehe..Im finished..know what I got? an old tractor.

That is about what it tasted like.

Weather calm and cool with a lazy night ahead. Tomorrow we visit Aarhus, and then on Monday we debarked in Copenhagen.

Then time to start planning my next cruise.

OUTSTANDING...!!!Im replacing a hydraulic line in a tractor...grrrrrrrrrr….

Just a beautiful, sunny and cool day in the North Sea. Relaxing by the aft pool with a cup of “coffee”, having a great time.

Nothing but a headache Wink

We are now leaving Rotterdam headed for Aarhus. Last sea day tomorrow. All in all, it has been a great trip. I figure you gotta let the bad stuff happen if you are going to have a good time. I will have plenty of time when I get home to let Princess and American explain things. As I have stated, the crew onboard has gone above and beyond to keep me happy. It is the folks in Miami that gave me headaches.

Hope all is well with all of you.

At least Princess has given you some $$$ compensation for your lack of items. What has AA offered?

Sounds like this has become a hobby thing...as long as you enjoyed the cruise, this could be fun...I don't know how you feel about PRINCESS, but I AM sure no matter what they or AA says, you're dealing with peeps who could care less. Follow the company line. Theres a process...deviate from it, and the person you're talking to could wind up in trouble. The wild card is you, and just how long and how far you're willing to pursue it. That lost luggage has a $$ value to them, no more no less. Especially since its not lost anymore..You, on the other hand, could turn it into an epic...sort of like Jean Valjean and the bread. keep us posted...meanwhile back at the ranch...err..cruise!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.