Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

Strangely enough, they sell underwater in the candy shop. I’m sure there’s a joke there somewhereBig Smile

with passengers not getting luggage delivered, I’m sure that all ships have them for sale somewhere on board.

YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO WEAR THE EDIBLES AS REGULAR UNDERWEAR!!! Big Smile

Seriously, glad you were able to find some on board!

I don't remember them being for sale on any ship Ive been on.....mebbe I wasn't paying attention...

Wow .. what a start. Glad you at least made it to port and on the ship. Not much you can do at this point so might as well kick back and enjoin the journey across the pond. Hope you have a great trip my friend.

thanks for all the well wishes. This will probably turn into a “live from” review.

As far as “personal”garments, they are not on display - you have to ask for them. Amazingly, they are at a reasonable price considering it is on board. I never would have thought to look in the candy store!

Had the first of three formal nights tonight. My formal clothing had arrived with my wife, so I was able to be as well dressed as the waiters. The menu was fantastic. They had the champagne waterfall after dinner. Unfortunately, we didn’t hit any big swells so the waterfall was a success.

For now, just sitting at the aft pool enjoying my ecig and a rum punch.

Hope we everyone at home is doing well.

Just came out of the show “Gotta Dance”. It is a story of the life of a show dancer with scenes from many Broadway hits. It was a strong, well written production that actually brought a tear to my eye due to my involvement with one of the featured shows (Hello, Dolly).

Never had a "daily" from a cruiser b4...to my knowledge anyway...keep it up, I'm taking a vicarious cruise!!!

Me, too!

The weather cleared from yesterday and is pretty clear and cool. Seas are a bit heavy but not bad at all. Just sitting on the balcony nursing a rum and coke, and doing more relaxing than I have in a long time.

Once ifigure out out how to get pictures from the phone onto the board I will try to post a few snaps.

That's right...rub it in ...

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.