Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

Im glad they are taking care of you! Unfortunately, I dont think i've ever seen underwear in one of the ship's stores...

We have friends that chose to fly in same day a few years back, and almost missed their cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, due to a flight delay for a Rocket Launch out of Cape Canaveral

Glad you'll be able to get the bare necessities. Hope the rest of your trip is wonderful!

There you go!...given what usually winds up in MY luggage, I'd manage too...especially with a lil help from Guest Services...on the other hand if it was HER luggage that went astray, well..Im told you could survive in a lifeboat if necessary..and it would be necessary!!!

Got a call from customer service last night. Due to the lost luggage they have gifted me $100 OBC to take care of purchasing necessities as well as unlimited priority laundry until my bag catches up with me next week. Princess is showing well how they value the customer.

aside from missing the magic on the first day, this has turned into a wonderful vacation.

As as far as my decision to fly in on the day of boarding, I figured how delayed a flight could get between DFW and FLL. I didn’t count on hail grounding numerous planes. Not a gamble I will be making in the future.

Time for a drink for sure.

For some things there are really no words cept Im really glad you finally got there...so if understand you, your clean underwear aint on board?? (hot tubs work wonders hehehee)...besides, YOU of all peeps know better than to try to make that connection the day of...entirely too much stuff can go wrong...I'd bet theres folks who just didn't make it at all...so the obvious question, is why? inquiring Yankee minds etc etc....howsumever, since you're on board, hopefully reading liquor labels, whilst Im still HERE counting down, you are certainly allowed to flip me one!!!!! ENJOY YOUR CRUISE!!

That does not sound like a good start to a trip!

Hopefully the rest of your cruise is relaxing for you!

I hope you still enjoy!

So glad you made it! Relax and enjoy your cruise!

Wow! Hoping that the rest of your adventure is free of any glitches.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.