Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

Yep...as I suspected BD....been there, done that, and plan to continue...until WE board that last cruise...you think we could get a balcony?

I’m hoping for a suite, but if I get what I deserve, I’ll end up with an inside cabin on an equatorial cruise.

That is my impression as well. Hopefully, she’ll come back to the forum and prove us wrong!

I would truly love to be show to be wrong in this case.

In in the meantime, I am on my balcony drinking a seriously overmixed rum and ginger ale, tearing up at the thoughts of Debbie.

With a most respectful Cheers.

Sitting on the balcony overlooking the beautiful port of Ponta Delgada. Took an excursion to the volcano lakes which was interesting, and then took a look at one of the local churches. When we tried to leave, we got caught up in an Easter procession. At least I wasn’t struck down.

Went to passenger services in regards to my suitcase. According to them, they now expect it to be delivered to me in Belgium on Thursday. I must say that I am more than a little disappointed in Princess Corporate. You would think that they should be able to get a small suitcase from Miami to the ship in a week. They really need to take a close look at their shoreside services, including EZAir.

The only saving grace in this is the apparent concern and helpfulness of the onboard services. At this point I am wondering whether or not it is time to look at another cruise line. Only their response to me at the end of the post cruise survey will make me willing to sail on Princess again. It is a shame, because the ships and crew are great, but I cannot trust their shoreside services.

Interesting post from several angles...I AM somewhat amazed those in the procession didn't recognize you...some personalities are almost universal hehehehe...in any event, I remember we had a thread awhile back about what it would take to sour one on a cruiseline they had been using for awhile, and achieved some status with...Shipboard personnel are, well, different...I mean at least theyre supposed to be..you and "them" are stuck with each other...a week or two or more...same folks, every day...stewards, bartenders, wait staff, and, of course, good ol Guest Services...and you KNOW most of what theyre dealing with are problems and complaints obviously ONBOARD...

CORPORATE is another matter...I really don't think I need to explain the difference...sometimes you can run into someone "topside" who will go out of their way to help...whether its their job or not...mebbe its just who they are...the rest of them could care less who or what you are...but I say its bettern even money you'll stick with them...wonder what'll happen if you DON'T get your suitcase back as promised? sorry...didn't mean to jinx it!!!

Domt worry about a jinx at this point. By the time I get it back the cruise will be about over. At this rat, it will arrive in Copenhagen the day after I fly home.

At any rate,at least the cruise itself is great, so it is far from a total loss. Probably my best cruise to date.

Hit some weather last night which is expected to last about 36 hours — seas at about 5 meters ( roughly 15 feet) and winds at 50 - 65 knots. For some reason there are not a lot of people in the buffet!

Bet I know what you were doing...not all of us...ahem...enjoy a rough patch.....which bar were you at? heheheh

Have you found Bubba yet?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.