Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

Been looking at a bourbon themed cruise on the Ohio river for a while now. You get things like people from Maker’s Mark and Buffalo Trace sailing with you plus an unbiased expert from the Kentucky Bourbon Hall of Fame. They visit distilleries like Jim Beam, Wild Turkey, Willett, and Kentucky Peerless. Plus, all the regular river cruise stuff. We’ll do it someday! Happy

AA wants to claim “ not my fault”. Fortunately, you are smarter than that! Enjoy your cruise with gusto and calm.

You're doing just fine...I personally would PAID to watch you shred AA...bettern any comedy show for sure...good for you!!

Jim Beam. The better (IMHO) of the two they offer for room bottle service.

Went for round three with American Airlines over the phone tonight ( on Princess’ dime). They had the audacity to call the Princess reps liars when I told them my problems with getting a Princess rep to claim my luggage and ship it to Portugal. I put on quite a show in the customer service area. Two things I cannot tolerate - stupidity and incompetence. The American Airlines rep met both of those. Long story short, Princess will claim my luggage in Miami and (hopefully) get it to Portugal.

In other (more pleasant news) we made it to the comedy show tonight. My wife volunteered me for some stage time during the act. I displayed my usual smart donkeyed self and got a few laughs.

For now, enjoying the calming sea and cool temps on my balcony with anotherr bourbon and ginger ale.

As always, please forgive the typos. My thumbs are too fat for the phone.

What’s your bourbon? Yummy

Maybe you will get it eventually. Like once you are home.Wink

Sitting on the balcony, sipping on a bourbon and ginger ale enjoying the 12 foot waves. Temps int the mid 60s and no rain. Turning into a totally relaxing day.

Git a a call from the customer service desk this morning. They found my suitcase and all I have to do issue g by the Miami airport to pick it upNervous

I went down to the desk to discuss it with a representative. Apparently they thought that was as ludicrous as I did because they put another 150 in my account. The rep was going to bring it up to her supervisor so I should hear back from them soon.

On the bright side, Princess onboard team is doing everything they can, and have more than paid for the suitcase and contents. Even if I dont get it at the next port, I won't be too upset. The only thing thatI will have lost and can’t replace is a Cruiseline T-shirt. I’m sure if I cry hard enough and loud enough Simon and Crew will send me another just to shut me upBig Smile

will do, Aunt Pinkie.

Tried going to the show tonight. Showed up 30 minutes early and there wasn’t even any standing room. Princess really needs to enlarge the showrooms.

Instead of the show, I will just sit on the balcony with my rum and coke. ( Buying an I -room bottle turns out to be a good idea!Wink

Looking forward to seeing as well as reading about your trip. Thanks for sharing. When you do see Bubba, be sure and tell him hello for me.Big Smile

I haven’t run in to bubba yet. My Cruiseline shirt is among the missing, so we probably sat at the aft pool waiting for the other to show up. My luggage should be loaded on Sunday, so we may meet yet.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.