Happy Monday

from the middle of theAtlanticHappy

On board the Regal Princess heading to Copenhagen.

Yesterday (boarding day) was the day from Hades. My 5am flight was cancelled so had to scramble to find a way to FLL from SanAntonio. (A grim reminder never to fly in on boarding day). My wife was placed on the last seat of a 6 am flight direct to Miami, while I got a 6:30 flight to Charlotte with a connection to Miami. I had to gate check my carryon through to Miami. Once I got to Charlotte, the Miami flight was full so I was refused boarding. The gate agent was able to place me on a flight to FLL, which landed at 3:30, leaving me just enough time to grabs taxi to the port. Unfortunately, my carryon (with all my underclothes) was in Miami.

But at least my wife and I made it onboard.

A shoutout to Amy for scrambling to ensure that Princess took care of us throughout the fligh ordeal and making sure we made it on board. I am not sure we would be here without her efforts.

70 Answers

That sounds like a great time!

A beautiful Thursday evening about a day from Portugal. Temp is about 62, with wind, waves and rain coming from the aft. Sitting at the aft pool sipping a rum and fruit punch.

Life at at the moment is good.

Stull waiting to to find out if I will be reunited with my suitcase on Sunday, but as I said previously, Princess is taking good care of us.

No no shoes this evening that sound interesting to me, so another rum or three and I’m turning in early.

Hope me all is well on the respective home fronts.

I am green with envy... but so happy you are having fun!

Losing my tan from the last one, but spring is here and summertime is rapidly approaching, and the land beckons...loudly...howsumever I can taste those refreshments from afar...so the chores can wait...the porch is calling...best I can do at the moment...prosit!!!

it only took me a week, but I finally found Geoffrey, the guardian giraffe of the smoking areaBig Smile

the rain finally cleared and it is sunny and cool. After 6 sea days, my wife and I are looking forward to landfall tomorrow morning.

Back to my coffee flavored drinkSad Maybe I could spike it with something . . .

The what?? too many flavored drimkees eh?

Actually not a drunken post.

It is in reference to a post from a couple of years ago concerning the head of a giraffe sculpture looking out onto the smoking area from behind the fence to the kids’ playground on Royal Class Princess ships. He became (according to rumor (started by meBig Smile)) the guardian psychologist for the smokers on board.

(Come to think about it, Ithink the giraffe’s name on the Royal was Jerry. You may be able to find the thread with the forum search bar)

I remember the posts about the giraffe. I wonder how Debbie is. Wish she would return! Glad you will be touching land soon. The many sea days together, is the biggest reason my DH won’t do a TA. Keep having fun and thanks for the daily news!

Ah well...in that case, makes perfect sense...suuuuuure it does heheheheheh

Yankee - have a couple of rums, review the old post and it will make about the same senseBig Smile

Aunt Pinkie-

she was a joy to have around, and I sincerely hope she has only dropped the forum, but I think ( and I hope I am wrong, she has boarded the final cruiseCrying

I do miss her wit and wisdom.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.