GETTING OUR SHOTS (we think)

I decided to post this because I've been in here so long its like i actually "know" some folks in here even tho we've never met. The good ol CDC, no matter what you may think of them, has changed the rules yet again as to who qualifies for the vaccine. i notice the SECY of something or other has decided to cut loose the reserve...hmmmm....Our GOV in a state which shall go namesless..it IS cyber after all..has changed out rules accordingly. As of this coming mon 1/18, we are officially geezers...A few days ago, I started making calls to places that were "supposed " to be able to administer htese shots, per the states official list'

Good thing Im a cynic to begin with, because it didn't surprise me one bit that no two of them had anything close to the proper info as I understood it. or when they would be getting the vaccine, or how they were going to administer it. You would laff at some of the conversations, except its not a bit funny..We saw the outrageous lines in FL..I was getting ready to load up the beach chairs and a cooler, and leave at midnite or earlier....Do what you gotta do i thought.

As luck would have it, near the bottom of my list of sites I called a pharmacy...not a national chain but they have about 2 doz locations around the midwest. They were the only ones with a computerized registration process...we signed up. Got to thinking about it...(dangerous I know)...called em up...asked how many people were on that list and where were we? (it computerized, they should know) Well learned two things...in the few days since they started they have thousands of names on the list...and...TAADAA!! our appt is next thurs 1:30 pm.,,and yes you get an id card, and your next appt for the booster, and you hang around for awhile to make sure you dont keel over.

I would suggest you spend some time (if you haven't already) and do your best to reserve a place. they won't magically show up on your porch. Don't believe what you hear as gospel...most of these people know less than you think. wrong info can be worse than no info. Make it a project. I wound up with notes all over a clipboard...pretend its a screwed up cruise and you have to do what you have to do to unscrew it.

I'll let y'all know how it goes...assuming it really happens...

163 Answers

I saw all three of your posts saying the same thing :) Maybe they finally posted?

Either way congrats! I hope it all goes well for you.

No idea where these posts go..road finally cleared...good to go for #2 on Thurs!!!

Don't know where the other post went...oh well...our "road" is passable, finally....forgot what the outside world looked like...so after two delays,we're going to get our second shots Thurs. never thought I would actually look forward to a shot........

Snow is almost gone, ice has melted...road out of here is muddy but passable (I tried it just for fun this afternoon)...we moved our appointment 2x...but now we're definitely positively gonna get our second "jab" Thursday afternoon....might even celebrate and eat out...nah...patience, it take another 10-14 days for it to get to as high an immunity as the vaccine will provide....we get a case of the "feel bads" for a few days...so be it....

Looks like the vaccine is working for your daughter-in-law's vaccine is working! I've heard that it's more common to have side effects after the second shot. Those side effects means that the shot is working!

Still waiting. Spoke yesterday to my 85 year old father and he was told looks like he might get his at the end of March .... sigh .. looks like I have a bit of a wait.

Thanks for the update. My second dose will be Tuesday. My 93 year old Mother had no ill effects after her second with Moderna. My 60 old sister (cop) had no ill effects with Pfizer. However her daughter-in-law (nurse) had a 4 day super sick with Moderna.

Well mother nature took a hand...had to postpone our second AGAIN...this time its on for 2/25...hopefully by then most of the snow will have melted. can't even get the truck out up our hill, let alone two miles down a dirt road. fortunately we're well within the allowed period for the delay. don't mind saying we weren't happy, but what can you do?

That's how it was for me. They weren't completely unbearable, but enough to knock me out for a day or two. I had Pfizer, and my mom got her second Moderna shot the day after I got my second Pfizer. We had identical side effects and both were feeling like crud for about a week.

OUTSTANDING!!! we WERE due for this Thurs for our 2nd Moderna...but rescheduled for Monday due to weather concerns. No issues rescheduling it whatsoever, Practically had our pick of slots. Powers going in and out, phone is out amazing this thing still works. Glad to learn you didn't have any side effects...it seems like the second one is the one that causes them...seems like everybody reacts differently to them....

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.