GETTING OUR SHOTS (we think)

I decided to post this because I've been in here so long its like i actually "know" some folks in here even tho we've never met. The good ol CDC, no matter what you may think of them, has changed the rules yet again as to who qualifies for the vaccine. i notice the SECY of something or other has decided to cut loose the reserve...hmmmm....Our GOV in a state which shall go namesless..it IS cyber after all..has changed out rules accordingly. As of this coming mon 1/18, we are officially geezers...A few days ago, I started making calls to places that were "supposed " to be able to administer htese shots, per the states official list'

Good thing Im a cynic to begin with, because it didn't surprise me one bit that no two of them had anything close to the proper info as I understood it. or when they would be getting the vaccine, or how they were going to administer it. You would laff at some of the conversations, except its not a bit funny..We saw the outrageous lines in FL..I was getting ready to load up the beach chairs and a cooler, and leave at midnite or earlier....Do what you gotta do i thought.

As luck would have it, near the bottom of my list of sites I called a pharmacy...not a national chain but they have about 2 doz locations around the midwest. They were the only ones with a computerized registration process...we signed up. Got to thinking about it...(dangerous I know)...called em up...asked how many people were on that list and where were we? (it computerized, they should know) Well learned two things...in the few days since they started they have thousands of names on the list...and...TAADAA!! our appt is next thurs 1:30 pm.,,and yes you get an id card, and your next appt for the booster, and you hang around for awhile to make sure you dont keel over.

I would suggest you spend some time (if you haven't already) and do your best to reserve a place. they won't magically show up on your porch. Don't believe what you hear as gospel...most of these people know less than you think. wrong info can be worse than no info. Make it a project. I wound up with notes all over a clipboard...pretend its a screwed up cruise and you have to do what you have to do to unscrew it.

I'll let y'all know how it goes...assuming it really happens...

163 Answers

Good Luck!

In an Hour, it will be exactly 7 days since my 2nd dose. From the initial 2nd injection, to the cessation of side effects was 90 hours (3.75 days) which seems to be the average in my age group(20-40)

Almost everyone I spoke with in the 41-60 age group experienced injection site pain for 24-48 hours, and a headache for hours 12-24. Im not sure what is causing the difference.

I dont nearly abuse myself as badly as I used to...but 14 years out of 36 of hard knocks, booze, drugs, little sleep, and hard work really took a toll on me. Big Smile

OPUS...looks like it did it again! Got email notification of yours that starts "Good luck"...etc etc explaining the time line of the past few days...but its not here...????

This is rediculous...it just appeared...exactly the info I was looking for...THANKS!!!!! Anybody in the "older group" got their 2nd yet????

As for the other...mebbe one day we can compare notes, gross everyone out heheheh.......btw OGW...read some stuff elsewhere about Canada running out, can't get anymore???????? what??????

I know a lot of people who already got both shots and are in the older age group. For the most part, they're glad that they got it. One of my friends who falls into this age group is really grateful. She had COVID for 17 days and thought she was going to die....she was even writing out her Last Will And Testament. She was so relieved when we could get the shots at work! She had side effects but said that it beats getting COVID!

I fall into the younger age group and already got both of mine. I wouldn't change a thing. Yes, the vaccine is new, but now I can rest peacefully at night knowing that I have less of a chance of contracting and passing COVID on to anyone else, especially my Dad (he is over 65 with underlying conditions). Mom and I both got our shots and Dad is eagerly awaiting his first appointment at the end of the month!

Two and a half hours after the first dose and all is well. Yankee47, I think you'll get your second one before I do. I'm counting on you for the information. DH still waiting for notification!

We're scheduled for #2 on 2/18. We don't have a time to show up. They said call 1 week or so before to get a time of day. (Anytime works for us...up to and including 2AM, if necessary...but they only do the shots during biz hours, its a regular pharmacy...) I called today, and they said not to worry, they reserved enough shots to guarantee everyone who got the first WILL get the second...but to call next MON to get an actual time to show up...

Now this points up an interesting situation...The Fed says NOT to "reserve shots" because NOW they can "guarantee" enough of a steady supply so there's no need for a reserve for second doses. Clearly, lots of people, including the professionals and other organizations who are actually administering the vaccines JUST DON'T BELIEVE THEM........... what does "guarantee" mean anyway??? Given the history of the screwed up rollout of the vaccines, who can blame them? whats y'alls take on this???

And AUNTIE it'll be my pleasure........BTW, I have a neighbor (one of the few out here) who got on the same computerized list I did one day later...he's still waiting for an appointment...I called the pharmacy and asked about folks who haven't been called...clearly, they have no available appointments and don't know when they'll open it up again...so no matter what the FED says, some places are OUT. To use what has become my favorite phrase (sadly)...IT CONTINUUUUES....

everyone I have talked to inthe 41-60 group has indeed had their 2nd. With the same symptoms as the 1st round, which contributes to my confusion as to the seperation of reactions between the age groups.

The whole distribution seems to be a politically driven "Charlie Foxtrot" to say it as politely as possibe.

Just a quick update, my DH is no longer on the waiting list. His first dose will be Monday! I slept well and feel normal after yesterdays shot.

Outstanding! And we got a call a little while ago re the actual time of our 2nd...11am on the 18th...but we'd go if it was 2am in a blizzard....mebbe I should bite my tongue heheheh. all I know is asking around, there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it all..Charlie Foxtrot indeed!!!

Im just glad to be done with it, personally.

We have 2 Fire companies in our district. 91% of my company has been vaccinated, while 12% of our sister company has been done. Mostly its due to Refusal of inoculation, however, it also has to do with them refusing to follow our (obviously successful) model. There are no clearly outlied plans at any level of government. from Fire Districts(lowest) through local, county, state or Fed. Its kind of a free-for-all

"Durrrrr....we have these vaccines, but we should only give them to certain people." to now, a local newspaper headline "NYS trying to battle the racial disparity of vaccine distribution" :Facepalm:

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.