GETTING OUR SHOTS (we think)

I decided to post this because I've been in here so long its like i actually "know" some folks in here even tho we've never met. The good ol CDC, no matter what you may think of them, has changed the rules yet again as to who qualifies for the vaccine. i notice the SECY of something or other has decided to cut loose the reserve...hmmmm....Our GOV in a state which shall go namesless..it IS cyber after all..has changed out rules accordingly. As of this coming mon 1/18, we are officially geezers...A few days ago, I started making calls to places that were "supposed " to be able to administer htese shots, per the states official list'

Good thing Im a cynic to begin with, because it didn't surprise me one bit that no two of them had anything close to the proper info as I understood it. or when they would be getting the vaccine, or how they were going to administer it. You would laff at some of the conversations, except its not a bit funny..We saw the outrageous lines in FL..I was getting ready to load up the beach chairs and a cooler, and leave at midnite or earlier....Do what you gotta do i thought.

As luck would have it, near the bottom of my list of sites I called a pharmacy...not a national chain but they have about 2 doz locations around the midwest. They were the only ones with a computerized registration process...we signed up. Got to thinking about it...(dangerous I know)...called em up...asked how many people were on that list and where were we? (it computerized, they should know) Well learned two things...in the few days since they started they have thousands of names on the list...and...TAADAA!! our appt is next thurs 1:30 pm.,,and yes you get an id card, and your next appt for the booster, and you hang around for awhile to make sure you dont keel over.

I would suggest you spend some time (if you haven't already) and do your best to reserve a place. they won't magically show up on your porch. Don't believe what you hear as gospel...most of these people know less than you think. wrong info can be worse than no info. Make it a project. I wound up with notes all over a clipboard...pretend its a screwed up cruise and you have to do what you have to do to unscrew it.

I'll let y'all know how it goes...assuming it really happens...

163 Answers

Dad finally got his second Pfizer shot this weekend, and was able to tell my 8 year old niece that she'll be able to get the hugs she deserves: she's spending her first night with us in over a year and will be able to hug any one of us without fear of getting or transferring COVID (she'll come over once the second shot for my Dad takes full effect).

In the meantime, he's doing great! Just had a sore arm and fatigue. I'm the youngest in the house and I had the most side effects....guess my body just wanted to make sure it was doing a good job!

And the vaccine will not cause you to test positive....I've had about 50 PCR and Binex tests done, 30 of which were done before the vaccines, 20 of which have been done since the vaccine...all have come back negative.

I'm just excited to hug my little niece-y pooh again!

My wife and I FINALLY got our first shot on Friday. We have spent the weekend nursing sore arms, but other than that they were a piece of cake. We went to our respective doctors offices. I got the Moderna shot, while she got the Pfizer. She gets to have her second shot in 3 weeks whereas I have to wait 4 weeks. Whatever, lets just get this done and over with.

Just ordered some pins to let others know that we’ve been vaccinated. A bit cheesy, but we have a lot of cheesy friends.Wink

Get my 2nd Pfizer today. Wife next week - so will be good to go if a requirement on our Nov cruise.

Looking forward to hugs!🍀

Just took my Dad for this final shot TODAY! Now when we see my niece (in two weeks!), we can catch up on a year's worth of hugs!

Got our first shots this morning – number two next month! Big Smile

ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL....alot of folks who didn't have to deal with any of this can't possibly understand....

I was so excited this morning, I was able to hug my little 4 year old nephew for the first time in almost a year this morning! I still wore my mask, as his Dad has underlying conditions.

Next up is my 8 year old niece!

Florida will be lowering the age allowed to vaccinate to 50 on Monday! We’ll be looking for an appointment as soon as we can get in. Excited that the vaccine is opening travel opportunities! Happy

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.