GETTING OUR SHOTS (we think)

I decided to post this because I've been in here so long its like i actually "know" some folks in here even tho we've never met. The good ol CDC, no matter what you may think of them, has changed the rules yet again as to who qualifies for the vaccine. i notice the SECY of something or other has decided to cut loose the reserve...hmmmm....Our GOV in a state which shall go namesless..it IS cyber after all..has changed out rules accordingly. As of this coming mon 1/18, we are officially geezers...A few days ago, I started making calls to places that were "supposed " to be able to administer htese shots, per the states official list'

Good thing Im a cynic to begin with, because it didn't surprise me one bit that no two of them had anything close to the proper info as I understood it. or when they would be getting the vaccine, or how they were going to administer it. You would laff at some of the conversations, except its not a bit funny..We saw the outrageous lines in FL..I was getting ready to load up the beach chairs and a cooler, and leave at midnite or earlier....Do what you gotta do i thought.

As luck would have it, near the bottom of my list of sites I called a pharmacy...not a national chain but they have about 2 doz locations around the midwest. They were the only ones with a computerized registration process...we signed up. Got to thinking about it...(dangerous I know)...called em up...asked how many people were on that list and where were we? (it computerized, they should know) Well learned two things...in the few days since they started they have thousands of names on the list...and...TAADAA!! our appt is next thurs 1:30 pm.,,and yes you get an id card, and your next appt for the booster, and you hang around for awhile to make sure you dont keel over.

I would suggest you spend some time (if you haven't already) and do your best to reserve a place. they won't magically show up on your porch. Don't believe what you hear as gospel...most of these people know less than you think. wrong info can be worse than no info. Make it a project. I wound up with notes all over a clipboard...pretend its a screwed up cruise and you have to do what you have to do to unscrew it.

I'll let y'all know how it goes...assuming it really happens...

163 Answers

Texas just announced that as of Monday, 3/15, they will open vaccines to phase 1C - persons aged 50+.

Great, I thought. I called the San Antonio Health department. "All lines are busy. Please try again later. CLICK". They hung up on me 4 times before I gave up. I tried the number for the Laredo Health Department. "This number has been disconnected". I tried one place that showed they had 300 vaccines available. "We are out of vaccines today. Please try again Monday." I was able to ask if they would be allowing people in the 1C category to get the vaccine on Monday - "We are currently only vaccinating people over age 65." Yeah, but the Governor stated that as of Monday, 1c would be open - is that determination left up to the site or is it a statewide opening? "I don't have any information on that. Please call again Monday."

Just once, I would like to find somebody that knew anything about what was going on in their profession and willing to help a customer.Angry

I guess on Monday at 0001 hrs I will start the load/refresh routine on the vaccine scheduling pages.

I was singing "My Shot" from "Hamilton" the entire time I got both my shots, I was that excited!

A lot of folks in my state got their shots last weekend. I live in NH and Governor Sununu opened up Louden International Speedway as soon as the first doses of Johnson And Johnson arrived. 12,000 shots were placed in arms during that weekend!

AUNTIE...your post didn't appear...until I posted that it didn't appear.....yukyuk...who noticed recently that seems to work?

Happy to have in this club as well as the cruising family!

Good for you! seems to be a recurring theme around here!!!

Joined the club and got my first Pfizer dose Wednesday morning. One down one to go. Haven’t been this excited about getting a shot since my last cruise.

Tell him to bring his card with him to is second appointment. They'll sign off on his card after the inoculation.

Also, don't let him go to the appointment alone!

Dad handled it like the grizzly old b****rd he is. He wouldnt tell you if he felt like crap anyways. LOL

Rumor has it that, at least in NY, testing will be ending for all vaccinated personnel...does that seem a bit far-fetched? absolutely. However, King Andrew the first has alot of ass covering to do with all of the information coming to light about him...Lying to the CDC, Legislature, and public about Nursing Home COVID deaths, Multiple sexual harassment accusations, backhanded acquisitions of supplies from FEMA...the list keeps growing...So he may start dropping regs to try to make people forget about his scumbaggery

Thanks for the update!

It may. I just spoke to my TA about booking a cruise for the end of Feb. next year. It's on the same ship in cruising in November...it's even the same cabin!

We told them that all the adults in the trip (we're taking my niece but shhhhh...she doesn't know yet!) that all the adults will be vaccinated and inquired about the CDC guidance for cruise lines. As of now, you will still need a negative test prior to sailing regardless of vaccine status. However, they'll be revisiting this guideline, as well as the other guidelines for a safe return to sailing soon. They said they won't find out more until June, but they expect cruises to be able to resume sailing by that point.

Dad is still doing well....9 hours out from his first shot.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.