Canx'd June 2020 Star Princess Alaska Cruise

So this is mainly a FYI post for Princess customers.

I suspect most if not all the other cruise lines are doing this in regards to cancelled cruises.

-----

I was waiting to see what Princess would do about my June 2020 Alaska Cruise. I tried calling last week but got a message that basically said if your cruise is more than a month out please call later since we are swamped with calls.

So I waited. Got the official email about the situation today.

I initially wanted a full refund but FCC offer I think is good.

They are offering a full refund of the cruise and excursion costs

or

Future credit for the sum of the cruise and excursion plus a 25% bonus attached to the credit.

The credit is good until May 1, 2022.

So I've changed my mind and I'm going to take the FCC.

Tags: Princess Cruises PrincessCruises

15 Answers

Sounds like the FCC is a great deal!

Curious about the Alaska Princess land resorts (Lodges). Will they be closed for the season also? Holland has a resort or two also. Bigger hit to the company if the lodges remain closed.

Sometimes ... but occasionally they do get carried away and try to tar too many with the brush that should only be painting mahogany row

They get called "witch-hunts" by the hunted...others might call them exposing negligence.

Wow ... I would dare say that there will be some fallout from this. I am hoping we do not see a witch hunt though. But who knows.

KENN...its a rare thing that I'll stop and READ...and I do mean READ, something that long unless I'm actually involved...and those days are long over...but THIS is different. I would respectfully suggest everyone in here READ it. and acknowledge it with a thumbs up. I'm sending it all over. I paid particular attention to el boss doing damage control with what can only be described as "lame" statements...I was wondering how they would entice loan facilities, now I know. What you don't know, or refuse to acknowledge, may actually kill you, or run you out of $$..THANKS!

Good information! My take home message is: hindsight is always 20-20. What they could have done with the information they had, was the same as what many cities had that did even less than the cruise lines. I am sadden by the number of people infected and the number of crew that haven't been able to go home. Surely the industry is taking a hit and will probably do so for some time. It is interesting that the article only zeroed in on Carnival Corporation. I wonder how the other corporations are coping. My guess is they are all going to have similar problems. Again thanks, Kennicott!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and quit grousing...consider the alternative....just remember to breath IN after you breathe OUT!

Hope you are right Yankee, I do love leaning over my balcony rail with a good red in hand watching the flying fishes play. I didn't mean to imply that I'm apathetic or something over future cruising but I do recognize that a few years may elapse before the industry get's back to the point where it will be fun for me to cruise again. Since I consider myself in pretty good physical condition I must still face the fact that I hit the big 80 a few weeks ago and a few more years of waiting is a luxury I might not have.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.