B2B Cruising

Anyone here done Back 2 Back cruising? I was checking out some cruises next year and was thinking in Feb of stacking a 7 dayer and 5 dayer. Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!!

33 Answers

No problem. I plan to phone CCL with that question. I'll certainly let you know if they provide me with any information worth sharing.

I think thats really situational and how they design the port as well. Take the port in LA. Its rather simple to do a B2B. You offload right where they practically onboard if its same boat.

They didn't! But if you check with guest services on the first ship, they will probably let you be last off (or near that) and maybe get you in the first group to check in on the second ship. We didn't care as the excitement was too high and the adrenaline was off the charts. Sorry I'm not helpful for you on that.

Good to know. My wife need to use a walker for long distances, but she can get by with a cane for short "jaunts". The other thing I was wondering about on a S2S is what do you do between the time of debarkation from the first ship and embarkation on the second. By my calculations that's about a 3 hour span of time. I wouldn't' want us to be standing in the Miami sun for that long. Do they make allowances and let you on the second ship earlier than the normal embarkation time?

It might depend on how far apart the ships are. We were basically a parking lot away so waking was easy even for older bodies. We talked with a couple that do it often and they use the customer service on the first ship to help arrange things for the second one. Maybe a quick taxi ride? Good luck and enjoy!

One thing to keep in mind, you must close your onboard account at the end of the first cruise as they are considered separate cruises. Any perks or shipboard credits cannot be transferred to the 2nd leg.

We're considering a S2S next spring. Would have loved to do a B2B to avoid the hassle of changing ships, but I can't make it work out due to scheduling conflicts. My question is how do you get from one terminal to another? Do the lines provide transportation? We're too old to walk that far.

I do like the idea of [2] cruises with only one round-trip airfare.

Do it. 7 days isn't long enough.

B2B is the way to go. Really relaxing and you get to enjoy cruising more.

I would definitely like to hear about this once you return

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.