B2B Cruising

Anyone here done Back 2 Back cruising? I was checking out some cruises next year and was thinking in Feb of stacking a 7 dayer and 5 dayer. Any tips or advice? Thanks in advance!!

33 Answers

B2B are awesome if you can make it work, highly recommend.

Did my 1st one a few years ago w/Princess on Mediterranean Athens/Athens followed by Atens/Barcelona; although I didn't know it was called a B2B. After we booked the 1st cruise but b4 booking flights, I semi-jokingly asked if we wanted to stay for another week since we had to get flights anyway. Then the Universe sent me an email w/amazingly affordable rates for the 2nd week, so stay we did. Ended up with such good deals on both weeks that we paid less than passengers who booked a 14 day.

Since, I have done many B2B with Alaska being among my favorite. Usually split the weeks where my sister goes for 1 and my husband for the other with me on for both :)😃

Only time I have had same itinerary is Mexican Riviera; all others the 2 weeks have been different. May repeat a port, but overall itinerary is different. Just did B2B Mexican Riviera in Dec, next 1 starts in a week to Caribbean Bahamas. Both of these involve cabin changes, but not a huge deal as cabin steward moves you. I have also done them w/o changing cabins, which I prefer, but would not turn one down if same cabin was not available.

Yes, service tends to be even better 2nd week cuz everyone remembers you, but you get a little special treatment (or seems like it) 1st week if you tell them early on you're staying over.

I could go on and on about B2B, but real message is do them when you can!!

Being employed FT (not for myself) I haven't found a way to pull off B2B2B, but it's on my list.

Unlimited laundry service makes packing easy - pack for 1 week and have your laundry done. No schlepping extra luggage just cuz you're onboard longer.

And the ship will merge the bookings, so you don't really have to ask, but can for peace of mind.

Matter of fact I certainly can carry a ball in each hand, and they get progressively lighter as the evening wears on....

Two geese and a black seal. Are these some of those 'support animals' I keep hearing so much about?

He can't carry over 16# in each bag and he's waiting for someone to help for THREE FREE DRINKS!

A double Gosling Black Seal straight up in a plastic glass for travelling ... I do a lot of walking on ship ;)

BARTENDER!!!! DRY HERE!...why is that guy sitting on the pile of luggage in the corner?

Two drinks. My final offer!

I had a similar problem going from cruise#1 to cruise#2 (different lines). The representative from #1 got very abusive because I was not 100% brand loyal to them. I politely followed up with a call to upper management and got an apologetic response along with a resolution (although I asked for nothing).

I'm sure that there are few who will remain 100% brand loyal over many years. This is reality

and any responsible cruise company knows this. Their helpfuness and resolution is a feather in their cap. While bad attitude from them only results in dissatifaction and resentment.

A good representative will always be polite and try to help if the cruiser remains polite, courteous and non demanding.

There should be no shame in asking for help. It's an opportunity for the cruise line to show what a great service thsy can offer.

I could carry up to 16lbs total...thats the weight of a bowling ball so I KNOW I could deal with that. The days of 60 lbs and a rifle are looooong gone thank gawd. The "free" drink is a deal breaker...I can get that almost anywhere and not have to lift anything except my butox onto a stool. I think you should ask around...but be careful, slavery is frowned upon. heheheheheh

Not at all. I mis-interpreted your comment as saying that they were traveling on the same company/corporation's ships ("'continuing' on their ships"), so that company should be able to make the transfer arrangements. It appears I misunderstood what you meant - sorry. I was just pointing out the fact that the ships are different lines/corporations, and while it's certainly worth a try, I don't know that the first line (Cunard) would make special arrangements to get them to a competitor's ship upon disembarkation. A better approach might be to contact the second line (Celebrity) and ask for some help in getting them from terminal "A" to terminal "B".

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.