6 Nights not 7 - very disappointing

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 28, 2014
Ship: Westerdam
Cabin Number: GUAR

This was my second cruise with Holland American - the first was wonderful in every way and I was very excited to be making another trip to Alaska.  Was so looking forward to spending time Juneau, Glacier Bay, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria.  However, instead of Sitka I got to spend the first night in Seattle!  Been there, done that, know Seattle very well......beautiful city from the ship.  I didn't pay for a night in Seattle.  I paid for a day in Sitka.  Now I understand that when there is a fire on a ship you can't keep sailing, so returning to port was very necessary.  HOWEVER, I paid for 7 days sailing to the beautiful Alaska ports-and the ones we saw were everything I hoped.  Missing Sitka was extremely disappointing.  Not being reinbursted for losing a day of cruising is almost as disappointing.   It was very thoughtful of the line to give my daughter and I spending credit on the ship of $250.00 ($125.00 per person) and offer a 25% discount on a future cruise, but I did not want to buy trinkets on the ship and at my age I may not have another cruise.  This 7 day cruise for two people cost $3200.00 or $457.15 per day - since we only recieved 6 days and 3 ports instead of 4, Holland America owes each of us approximately $208.00.

I trust, based on your excellant reputation, Holland America Lines will process our refund checks immediately.

to small

Tram ride

Cruise Glacier Bay Did not visit port

It was beautiful

Sitka, Alaska Did not visit port

Remember! We did not get there!!!

Ketchikan, Alaska Did not visit port

Mendenhall Glacier

Victoria, British Columbia Did not visit port

Walk around town. Got there so late in the day, there were many shops closed.