Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Purser

Bad Taste in Mouth...Beverage Card Close to WORTHLESS

Sail Date: May 24, 2014

Have emailed the CEO, two Executive VP's and customer service at Holland America.  Still no reply after four complete business days.

Original email: My wife and I returned from a cruise to Alaska on Saturday.  I have filled out the survey request but want to also take a minute to send this email to communicate my extreme displeasure with the Beverage Card.  My believe is that we were given the beverage cards as a comp instead of reducing our suite room rate.  The credit of $50 per day per person sounded WONDERFUL until we were on board and learned of the RESTRICTIONS...  Here are the comments I provided on your survey:

"Beverage cards my wife and I received with credit of $50 per day each are what I consider WORTHLESS. There should be NO (REPEAT NO NO NO NO NO) restrictions at all.  No $6 max per beverage.  If we want a $44 bottle of wine we should of been able to order it.  PERIOD.

It is close to IMPOSSIBLE to use the $50 per day credit with a $6 max per drink.

I will NOT cruise Holland America for this simple reason and will start blogging and leaving negative reviews on every social media site possible to make people aware of this total RIP OFF.

The beverage card credit actually had an opposite effect of being perceived as a value add.  When something is perceived as not being able to be used it is FRUSTRATING."
  It would be better to make the $50 credit a credit of $25 without restrictions or eliminate the restrictions all together.  I think we left the cruise with a unused balance of $250 each.  Leaves a sick feeling in one's stomach knowing that we were not able to use this credit.
  This issue really makes me not want to cruise with Holland America again (We have been loyal customers thus far).​

Cruise to Alaska that departed on May 24th from Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Cruise Glacier Bay
Sitka, Alaska
Ketchikan, Alaska
AVOID THE DUCK TOUR....ZERO, REPEAT ZERO LEG ROOM. KILLED MY LEGS AND BACK OF PERSON IN FRONT OF ME
Victoria, British Columbia