Pros and cons

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 21, 2013
Ship: Westerdam
The staff was excellent, however, every meal in the dining room ee felt very rushed. Breakfast was especially uncomfortable. It got so bad that I refused the dining room and opted for the Lido deck buffet. The captain is very conservative and I appreciate that. For the first 48 hours no one serves themselves in order to minimize the chance of spreading illness onboard. He does not hesitate to alter course if weather calls for it. Staff and cleanliness are amazing. Food is mediocre and portions are wuite small. My two sons always walked away hungry. This was my second time aboard the Westerdam and I would sail with her again.

Mediocre and very small portions in dining room. Especially at dinner.

My grandson who is 7 wanted to spend as much time as possible with Club Hal

Always present and ready to help with a smile

Spotlessly clean

Very clean

Sitka, Alaska Did not visit port

We skipped this port due to poor weather
Nothing really to see or do. A lot of extra trouble (passports, extra paperwork, customs) for basically nothing.