Cruising experience with Holland America seemed to have declined comparing to their own prior set standards

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaskan Explorer With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 20, 2013
Ship: Westerdam
This was my 3rd cruise with Holland America. I took it, obviously based on my prior positive experiences with the company.This time I noted a sharp decline in their overall services & standards.The brighter points were the Kid's club,which seemed to be an improvement compared with my prior 2 experiences.The employees at the signature shops & the photo studio were awesome & went out of their ways to help customers.The Front Desk employees were friendly as usual.However the entertainment segments on the ship in the Vista lounge were slashed down in terms of time,with the magic show lasting for about 45 minutes only.The port excursions staff experience was unacceptable as they were not available to talk in person or over the phone at decent desired times.The GYM had 4 machines not working from the beginning of the cruise itself.They could have been replaced or fixed at the port of embarkation which was Seattle,a big city in itself.Other passengers seemd to use the GYM equipments more than 30 minutes of requested time & there was no GYM personnel to help waiting members like me to get to use the exercise equipments.Overall I felt that Holland America has decided to slash down on overall services,compared to their own previous standards.Based on my current cruising experience with them,I'll never cruise with Holland America again.There are other cruiselines available with much better reviews by fellow travellers.

Vegetarian options were much fewer

Expected

Shorter duration of shows than expected

Best part of this cruise

Some factions were good & some unacceptable

Expected

Needed more cleanliness

The staff of Indonesian-Phillipino origin seemed hardworking and nice as ever.

Port of Embarkation
Excellent
Naturally Beautiful
Least Popular Destination with very few tourists.But nevertheless,a cute town.
Time spent over here was very short
I will go to Victoria again.