Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Western Europe

Dream Vacation

Sail Date: May 13, 2009

This ship was very clean and well maintained. We only had 3 days at sea to really take advantage of everything the ship had to offer, but what we saw and did was absolutely fabulous. I really couldn't find fault with anything.

Pros: Everything

Cons: Nothing

Recommends Voyager of the Seas? Yes!

Ship was immaculate and the decor was amazing.
The food was truly amazing. We had dinner in the main dining room almost every evening and the food quality was very consistent and the presentation fabulous. We had late seating and eagerly awaited each evenings dinner. Our dinner companions consisted of a delightful couple from Manchester England and her sister and a lovely couple from Ireland.....always lively conversation! Our waiters, Rick and Akiel were wonderful and very friendly. We had dinner at Portofino's once and it was beyond belief. Well worth the $20 per person. We also had lunch at Johnny Rocket's one day and again could not have asked for better food or service and it was great when the staff stopped and danced to the music.
There were three adult women in a balcony room with a sofa bed and we had plenty of room. The closet and drawers accomodated all of our clothes and we could fit all of our suitcases under the beds. We didn't have any issues with the size of the bathroom either. Very nice room and we absolutely loved, loved, loved the balcony!! Very comfortable and everything was easily accessible.
Our cabin Steward, Alejandra, was a gem. She was there to please and whatever we requested was done.
We saw most of the evening shows and the Broadway productions as well as the ice skating were outstanding. The comedians and magician were quite good as well. We really didn't see a production we didn't like! We also participated in quite a few of the activities that were offered on our days at sea and they were very enjoyable as well.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
The monuments and ruins in Rome are truly amazing as well as Vatican City. I am glad I went and saw these things, but the city itself is very big and crowded and not very appealing. I would do it again however because the history is just amazing!!!!
Gibraltar (U.K.)
I did the Cork and Cattle tour and it was entertaining and informative but I don't know that I would do it again. I would probably just explore Gibralter.
Vigo, Spain
I enjoyed our tour of the Border Country but I think I would have been just as happy to stay on the ship or visit the town of Vigo....
Villefranche-Sur-Mer, France
Villefranche is absolutely enchanting. Nice was nice, but I could have lived without it. Eze is truly amazing and I would love to go back and spend a few days there.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Pisa and Florence are two of the most beautiful places we stopped and I would have loved to have had more time to spend in each of these places. If I make it back to Italy, I would definitely make these a priority!! The Field of Miracles in Pisa is spectacular!!!
Lisbon, Portugal
We visited Cascais and Sinbar and these were both beautiful cities if Portugal that I would love to explore further. Definitely a place I would come back to...
Cagliari, Sardinia
This was really kind of a disappointment, not much to see. Should have just stayed on the ship.