Volendam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

It was a good trip

Sail Date: June 11, 2014

We enjoyed the cruise very much. The ports of calls were great. Glacier Bay is the best stop. However, there was not much to do on the cruise ship. I believe it has to do with the age group that prefers slow and quiet time. Volendem is a small ship (roughly 1400 guests). Therefore, it may have limit its ability to provide more activities. I was not impressed with the food selection at either the dinning room or the buffet.

If you are looking for more to do while on the cruise ship, this one might not be the right one for you.

I heard many good thing abut Holland America. So my expectations were high. But I was somewhat disappointed.
It was good
Service and Staff The bartender, Edwin, at the casino bar was excellent. The stateroom staff was very courteous and friendly
Not much to do if you don't want to go the bars or the casino
Very stop was wonderful and the weather was very nice too
Very nice and roomier than we expected. It was always clean.
Vancouver (Canada Place), British Columbia
You do a need a full day to explore the city. Trolley is the best way to do it.
Juneau, Alaska
Whale watching
Skagway, Alaska
Take the tran ride to the border and ride the bike down the hill back to Skagway
Cruise Glacier Bay
Words cannot describe how majestic the glacier really is. You have to be there
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska

Bring rain gear as it rains normally; binoculars for spotting whales and animals