Vision of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Vision of the Sea - Greek Island / Mediterrainian Cruise

Sail Date: May 21, 2016

I have been on many cruises and I can say the food on this cruise was very good.  We had exceptional service from Trixie during our dinner services.

However I was highly disappointed with the bar service.  On all other cruises there was sufficient staff walking around taking drink orders for the customers.  On this cruise, the staff was few and far between.  In the main lounge they had 2-3 - which seemed sufficient.  There were only a few by the pool.  However by the 'adult pool area' there were ZERO staff to take orders.  The client had to go to the bar to get the drink.

Not only that, but in the first couple days of the cruise when going up to one of the bars we were informed they were out of one of the popular beers (Bodingtons), and the decent wine Clou de bois was out.  What we found out that at that bar they were out, the other bars had them.  So me, the customer, had to walk from bar to bar to find out who had the beverage we wanted.

WAIT - the customer is going from bar to bar to get the drink - having to go from deck 9 to deck 4 hitting multiple bars to finally find the beer and wine.  I can not believe that Royal Caribbean did not have staff as 'runners' to ensure the alcohol was fulfilled.  Do they not know that this is the money maker on a cruise ship.

I must honestly say we've done Norwegian and Carnival (in the Mediterranean) and both of those cruises were SIGNIFICANTLY better service than RC.

SO HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED

Frankie, the cabin stewart, was excellent. Great service
The singers on board this cruise were horrible. Some of the karaoke singers were much better, the captain and activity person sung better.

The audio system had too much reverb and was annoying

Could not stand to listen
Bar Service was HORRIBLE
Food quality was better than some other cruises we've been on. Tribe and Laura provided great service and was very memorable

SO HIGHLY DISAPPOINTED
Venice, Italy
Kotor, Montenegro
Needed another hour or two in port
Corfu, Greece
Too short of a port call. Need more time
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Mykonos, Greece
Tourist trap. Every store was a gift shop. Was hoping to see something other than gift shop upon gift shop
Argostoli, Kefalonia, Greece
Not anything to do or see. This port may be recently added and the area is still building up.

1 Comment