Splendour of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Great cruise Vacation

Sail Date: November 24, 2007

I really had a great time. The ship's staff went above and beyond to make everyone feel great. I enjoyed myself and felt like we made many new friends. I felt pretty relaxed and thats what you really want on a vacation.

Pros: I really liked th staff. They were always friendly and very helpful. The waiters that served us did more than their job and I felt like we made a lot of friendships. THe activities that the ship provided were great and the information about each port was informative.

Cons: I didn't like how expensive all the pictures that they took were. I also think that they should have had the indoor hot tub open all night long because it was so cold to swim outside.

Recommends Splendour of the Seas? Yes!

The size of this ship is really not as big as other cruise ships so it does not have all the activities like a huge cruise ship would have like an ice skating ring or some other fun things to do. The ship was very clean, the layout was convenient and the decorations were really nice.
The food was great. I realy felt like we got some quality on the cruise. The formal dinners that we had every night served great food.
I think the rooms were really nice. I really felt like I was in a hotel because of the service that we received as well. But I think that our room could have been bigger especially since we had three people staying in it. The location of the room was pretty central and accessible.
Everyone was friendly and I did not meet a single staff member who was lazy or did not want to help someone. The waiters especially went above and beyond.
I think that there were a lot of options for activities and they put on some great shows. I wish they had more nights where they really told the rest of the ship to go to the party/dance room. It would have been nice to have more people there.
Malaga, Spain
This city is an amazing city. It is so metropolitan but the city still has its european small town feel. I loved the people and there was so much shopping and sites to see. I had a great time. I would suggest it to anyone.
Don't Miss: Don't miss the shopping area. There are so many great buys. Also, you must eat at Gorki's, a tapas place with the best tapas ever.
Cadiz (Seville), Spain
The history and the sites in this city are amazing. We got to see cathedrals and palaces and it was wonderful. We went on a unday so there was not so much shopping to do over there and ended up taking a full day tour but if you are there on a day other than Sunday, I would suggest taking a half day tour.
Don't Miss: The Alcazar palace and the famous gothic style cathedral. AMAZING!
Tunis, Tunisia
I thought the ruins in Tunisia were beautiful and it was great to see a completely different country but I was really bored on the tour. I also think that the tour guide was not very nice. I would not try to venture there by yourself because I am sure that there are customs and things over there that you may not be aware of. The market area was very dirty and everyone was in your face forcing you to buy something. There was not a single woman in sight in the market area and I felt like bait and quite unsafe. I also felt that the tour guide took so long in talking and feeding us with useless information that when we finally got to the market, we had 30 min to shop but it did not end there. He took us to a specific shop to help people sell rugs to us. He was in it to make a quick buck.
Don't Miss: There is no don't miss- there is a don't go.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
It is definitely a must see. I would probably take a half day tour and then tour the old town by yourself so that you could really see the place. It was nice to see the old country and take a look at the life over there and the old town was amazing. I loved it there.
Don't Miss: The old town.
Santorini, Greece
This is a must see city!I loved Greece. I never felt unsafe and there was so much to see. There was also a lot of shopping there. There were so many things to buy and so great sites everywhere. The food was great!
Don't Miss: Don't forget to eat a gyros there and check out the shops.