Worst cruise yet due to medical team on board.

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

11 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 18, 2016
Ship: Serenade of the Seas

On 19 Apr 16, the 2d day of cruising, I felt dizzy, weak, and had trouble standing. My wife and I reported to the medical section.  The doctor on duty immediately started talking about a stroke or neurological problem even though I passed all the tests except I had trouble walking a straight line with the ship tossing and turning.  I had no headache, chest pains, etc.  She put me in the ICU for 2 days to be evacuated to the hospital in Aruba for a CAT Scan and subsequently back to the US.  Fortunately, the doctor in Aruba did not agree and send us back to the ship to continue the cruise.  We had trouble getting back on the ship because they  had  already removed us from the system.  We were finally put back in the system and continued our cruise without incident.  I got a terrible red rash from antibiotics I was given in the ICU.  Other than that, the cruise was nice.

The food seemed to be very salty.

Had no children.

Nice room with plenty of room.

Beware of the medical team who tries to protect the liability of the company by evacuating anyone with medical problems.

Did not see due to hospitalization.