The Birthday cruise, that wasn't

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Bahamas (New Orleans Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 24, 2015
Ship: Serenade of the Seas

Showed up at the port in New Orleans at 9:30 a.m., all excited to be sailing on RCL, and out of New Orleans, for the first time. After about 3 hours, I was told that my cabin was on a list that had been damaged the night before. I would not be able to sail. Spent another 2 hours being told by 5 other people who worked for RCL, that I was unable to sail. My bag was on the ship and took quite awhile to get it back.  I have not gotten any information, no phone calls, no emails, no regular mail, no apologies from RCL. I have not gotten a refund from RCL or an explanation, no nothing, not even a go fu-- yourself from RCL. Not very good customer service.  I was to spend my 68 birthday on that cruise. Was to be in Key West on the 26th of January, for my first time to visit, and celebrate my birthday.  WooHoo! Thank you RCL!!

Never got to eat

Don't know

Not very entertaining, not being able to sail

Didn't see any

Never meet anyone from the ship itself

Never got to board

Apparently, not livable

Must need a major overhaul. Broken pipes, no power in cabins.

Love the city