Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Third Mate

The Birthday cruise, that wasn't

Sail Date: January 24, 2015

Showed up at the port in New Orleans at 9:30 a.m., all excited to be sailing on RCL, and out of New Orleans, for the first time. After about 3 hours, I was told that my cabin was on a list that had been damaged the night before. I would not be able to sail. Spent another 2 hours being told by 5 other people who worked for RCL, that I was unable to sail. My bag was on the ship and took quite awhile to get it back.  I have not gotten any information, no phone calls, no emails, no regular mail, no apologies from RCL. I have not gotten a refund from RCL or an explanation, no nothing, not even a go fu-- yourself from RCL. Not very good customer service.  I was to spend my 68 birthday on that cruise. Was to be in Key West on the 26th of January, for my first time to visit, and celebrate my birthday.  WooHoo! Thank you RCL!!

Never got to board
Never got to eat
Apparently, not livable
Never meet anyone from the ship itself
Not very entertaining, not being able to sail
Didn't see any
Don't know
I don't know, never got to see them
New Orleans, Louisiana
Love the city
Key West, Florida
Never got to see it
Been there before with the great Norwegian Cruise Line
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Never got to see it

Must need a major overhaul. Broken pipes, no power in cabins.