Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

Post cruise blues

Sail Date: April 19, 2014

The service aboard this cruise ship was absolutely amazing. The food was to die for. And the ports of call were all spectacular. With that said, sometimes the Serenade of the Seas can't get into CocoCay because of rough seas. That did not happen to us luckily enough, but it is 100% understandable that they would not want to put crew or passengers in harms way just to see the island. I made the mistake of befriending the crew on board, this was a mistake simply because I fell in love with each and every one of them and it was so hard on me when it came to the last day.

The crew would jump through hoops to get you anything you wanted. (I was just a regular passenger , not a gold sea pass holder or anything)

if I couldn't decide what to have for supper in the main dining room, the wait staff would give me both to try for no charge.  The main dining room was lovely because after all day walking around the boat/cities and doing various activities it was nice to seat down for an hour and eat with people from all over the world. I was also served very well at the pool bar, any time my water was gone i was instantly given another one.

the entertainment was better than the shows I'd seen on broadway. The pool side singers were ok, but the centrum entertainment and the tropical theatre entertainment was unbelievable. Even the stand up comedians were hilarious!

My stateroom was basically the cheapest one we could find, and I recommend that because we hardly spent any time at all in our room. It had a double bed which could be separated into 2 twin beds, a couch, tv, large 270 degree mirrors and a nice size bathroom,which included a shower, toilet and sink. There was a closet bigger than my closet at home, a vanity and the stateroom attendant was one of the sweetest people I've met in my entire life. We had towels shaped into animals every night and the room was spotless.

The crew were very hard working and dedicated people.i enjoyed my time on this cruise more than any other vacation.

Clean and orderly
Absolutely amazing, my step dad is a chef and I've never eaten so good in my life. Bring stretchy pants.
Always kept clean, big enough for what we needed, could've been smaller, no need for a bigger room.
Nicest people in the world.
Always something to do, entertainment was beyond amazing.
I didn't use the children's activities but when I'd pass by the rooms there was tons of kids in there. Which made relaxing by the pool so much nicer.
Tons of selection in activities, never a dull moment but I also enjoyed my poolside relaxation time.
CocoCay, and key west were spectacular places. Nassau was wonderful as well, the Nassau staff were more disorganized at first but it was all good in the end.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Wonderful place to visit , great people.
Key West, Florida
Great, very clean place, lots to see and do. Wasn't necessary to book excursion. Plus this was one of the shorter stops.
A bit disorganized at first but all around it was great. Do an excursion because its a long stay in that port (10 hours) great people, and CHEAP souvenirs.
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
B E A U T I F U L. royal Caribbean amazed everyone with how great this place was. So relaxing but also had excursions. I went snorkelling. Great outdoor BBQ , staff and people were amazing.

Go to the main dining room (deck 4 and 5) for breakfast and supper. But go to the windjammer cafe for lunch. Excellent food either way but not many people knew the dining room served breakfast so it was very quick and quiet (always under 30 minutes) and dinner always had table reserved for you.