Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Nice trip but with comments...

Sail Date: October 10, 2013

Bar was very nice and help full while attention from restaurant personnel was fair/nice as expected. All entertainment shows were very nice and truly like them.

Unfortunately some of the on shore excursion personnel on board were not as polite and courteous as rest of the crew. There was a particular person in the on shore team seems always “quite rude” in her way how she frequently talk to other passengers. Onshore tours were OK; too much rush/fast track visiting historical site and too much emphasis encouraging shopping in pre-designated store rather than tourist sighting. Actually it was quite disgusting having such pushing to purchase local souvenirs; which by the way, they were more expensive compare to other others without the tour. They usually claimed that buying from those store we have the “warranty from Royal Caribbean” about price and quality. Reality is that prices were higher and quality were not much different than any other store…

I was extremely disappointed with food serve in main buffet area. Boring, low quality and same breakfast options for 12 consecutive days! I personally felt that food option during lunch and dinner in buffet area was low quality. Similar comment applies to regular dining table where food was not exceptional. I would rate it as average to low; especially when I compare Royal Caribbean with other cruise lines like Carnival where most of the “star rating” show Royal Caribbean cruise higher compared with Carnival. I did not purchase upgrade to specialty restaurant because I don’t see value paying more for something should be in standard fare.

Low quality. I have better experience with other cruise lines