Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Great cruise

Sail Date: November 25, 2006

The ship is beautifull and fiendly to know because is it not huge although I prefer the Adventure of the Seas specially the Promenade. Royal Caribbean must improve the service at the Windjammer. The waiters seems to be very busy, and never asked if you need anything I hate to compare, but the Adventure has a perfect service. But it is fair to say that the dinning room service is A++++. The Stingrays (rock and Roll) show was great and the Diamonds wre almost sublime remembering the oldies. The Sea View Cafe has a Reuben sandwich from heaven!! For the first time I visited the medical facilities (my mom's asthma). The medical personnel was friendly, professional and I loved the way they treated my mom. She does not speaks english, but she understood every gesture of concerned from the medical crew. My thanks to them. One recommendation: Have your cruise care insurance as soon as you book your cruise. The medical services are expensives, but I can tell you they are prepared for any emergency. The balcony stateroom was perfect. We were three in the cabin and was OK. The balcony is perfect to take your breakfast while the ship is aproaching the port. You feel like a billionaire. Our Stateroom Attendant Adolfo Fox was great and shows concern for my mom's health. This is a good cruise for families.

Pros: The food an dservice at the dinning room

Cons: Shortage of service personnel; ship needs more elevators

Recommends Serenade of the Seas? Yes!

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The streets are safe and the people is friendly. You can bargain and found good prices.
Don't Miss: Shopping watches and jewelry. Donot miss the GUAVABERRY EMPORIUM!!!!
Bridgetown, Barbados
The port was good, but the prices where too high if compare with last January.
Don't Miss: The Jolly Roger Pirate Ship and the RUM CAKE at the port. Brimg several with you and your family will love you for ever!!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Bridgetown, Barbados
The port was good, but the prices where too high if compare with last January.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Last January I visited Saint Thomas. On November I found a different city. People where a bid rude and prices higher.
Don't Miss: Watches and Perfumes. Do not miss the Drakes Passage jewelry
Castries, St. Lucia
The port Seraphin is beautiful. Castries is a very poor Capital. People is not rude but is not friendly also. We visited the market but it is too hot in there. I am from Puerto Rico, and I almost fainted there. That shows you the high temperature in the market. So I recommend to by at the shops at Port Seraphine. As in Antigua, tour guys harrased us. Ah! If you need Robitussin cough Medicine have a $20 USD available. It cost me $19.95USD. This is an expensive port.
Don't Miss: The Seraphine Shops, specially the Jewelers Warehouse.
St. John's, Antigua
We took a tour with Patrick. $10 per person and we toured all the Island and tasted the sweetest pinnaples, bananas and sugar cane. The worst was the people triyng to take you to a tour. The one that does not harrased us was Patrick.
Don't Miss: The custom jewelry and Patrick. He is like the Mayor, everyone knows him.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Don't Miss: Watches and Perfumes. Do not miss the Drakes Passage jewelry
Castries, St. Lucia
Don't Miss: The Seraphine Shops, specially the Jewelers Warehouse.
St. John's, Antigua