Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Mexico

Cruise Line vs Airline

Sail Date: January 31, 2016

Princess has deleted or cheapened something different  on each of my previous 4 or 5 cruises.  I think cruise ships will eventually have the same reputation as the airlines have for bad food, bad service, and bad value for your money.  Unfortunately for them, people don't have to sail so business may suffer.  My favorite meal in the dining room was always Fettuccine Alfredo in a cheese basket.  Two trips ago, no basket but about half as much  cheese in a patty under the noodles.  This trip, no cooked cheese, just a bowl of noodles with the waiter sprinkling cold parmesan on top.  This used to be their signature dish.  They don't call it that any more, and for good reason.  No taste.  They have also slowed down the dining room service by using one assistant for a group of waiters instead of one for each waiter.  So, from the change from a really good shower soap to something that smells awful to a great pasta dish changed into a tasteless glop of noodles, I can't wait to see what they change on my next trip to save a few cents.

Aside from the food issues and a decline in service, both in the dining room and the buffet, everything else on the ship is first class and always enjoyable.  I think they have about the best balcony cabins of any ship we have been on.

Have lunch in the Atrium. Great sandwiches, salads and desserts.